spreader boot size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
- 1987 30 MKI TR- Atwood Lake
I have a 1987 Catalina 30 TR and want to replace my spreader boots but do not know what size to get. I purchased the boat used, someone had an extra new pair that was put on for me.
Does anyone know the width of the spreader and or what size I need?
Thank You
Randy Wells

Sep 25, 2008
Catalina 30 MKIII Varuna Boat Club
My best advice would be to go to Catalinadirect.com. I bought mine from them and they fit perfectly. Their prices are reasonable as well.

The only bad thing about this site is that once you see what's available, you wind up spending more money on things you didn't think you needed.........until you saw them.

Good Luck and Happy Sailing.

I have a 1987 Catalina 30 TR and want to replace my spreader boots but do not know what size to get. I purchased the boat used, someone had an extra new pair that was put on for me.
Does anyone know the width of the spreader and or what size I need?
Thank You
Randy Wells

Mar 11, 2010
Catalina Tall Rig/ Fin Keel Deale, MD
I bought the large size of these, which fit my '84 (#3518) with the aluminum spreaders pretty well:
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/products/4303-spreader-boots.html
Remember NOT to tie your wire or tape up where the shrouds go thru, too tight. Snug, sure, but the shroud needs to move with the rigging system. The spreader side can be taped up tight, but the boot has to drain, is another factor. You don't want corrosion happening in there.

Rob

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I bought the same one's Rob bought at West Marine.

Jun 2, 2004
- 1987 30 MKI TR- Atwood Lake
Thank you everyone! I can't find the actual width dimensions for the spreader. The advise is greatly appreciated.
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.