Spouses can't handle MOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CO Editorial

Only 43% of responding Catalina owners say their spouses (or S.O.) could circle back to save them in an MOB situation, according to last week's Quick Quiz. While more than one reader suggested the real issue is, WOULD your spouse (rather than COULD your spouse) save you, the fact that 57% could not raises potentially serious safety concerns. Have you practiced MOB drills with a whole crew, or just you and your spouse? Has your significant other learned to sail, either from you or any formal source? And finaly, has anyone actually experienced a spousal rescue at sea? If so, tell us how you fell for your spouse!

R

Richard

scary

This is why I got my girlfriend to take sailing lessons! She was already a good sailor, but lacking man overboard and motoring skills. It is much better to have a professional instructor teach her (less stressfull and after all that is what they are good at). Now she knows the skills to sail safely and I feel more comfortable! In fact her MOB drill is better than mine. The down side is that now she complains when my cleat hitch is wrong, or any other little thing! Damn class.... We practice rather regulaly on lost fenders (not ours!) or floating winch handles (also not ours).

Status
Not open for further replies.