Split backstay and spin rigging pics....

May 15, 2010
Capri 22 Central Florida
Having sailed the boat, I am now far more aware of the importance of weight placement/movement on my WKSR. As such, I would like to run a split backstay, adjustable from just in front of the stock traveler location; pics and suggestions welcome. Additionally, any photos or suggestions for rigging the symmetrical spinnaker would be appreciated. Are most going with tweakers and a pole downhaul?

Thanks in advance
Steve S.

May 16, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 IL
stevenwp2 said:
Having sailed the boat, I am now far more aware of the importance of weight placement/movement on my WKSR. As such, I would like to run a split backstay, adjustable from just in front of the stock traveler location; pics and suggestions welcome. Additionally, any photos or suggestions for rigging the symmetrical spinnaker would be appreciated. Are most going with tweakers and a pole downhaul?

Thanks in advance
Steve S.
I'll take pics of the Spider Pig and post this weekend.

Aug 27, 2013
Here are some pics of the setup I have on Fandango. I installed fairleads on the deck about 6 inches aft of the shroud chainplates with a Harken microcam cleats on each side of the cabin for the tweaker controls. For dead downwind the guy tweaker is hard on while the sheet tweaker is full off and just rides. I don't normally use a downhaul unless I have to reach. On "Guy In" image I am at my max without a downhaul.

Chris

Attachments