{splash} !@#$%^ &*!!!

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
June of this year a friend and I trailed my 21 footer to Pensacola for the BEER Cruise. We launched and went out into P'cola bay for a shake down. Hard dinghy attached
Came back in because winds were blasting. Got all tied up-no dinghy. Never did locate it. Have bought a new inflatable

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Looked up at the windex yesterday and my "I sail therefore I am" hat went for its own sail. Took too long to get the net and I watched it float down river and slowly sink to the fishes. I have a spare if I can find it.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I went out in some nasty conditions today...30 knot gusts on the south end of Lake Michigan.

Mom and sister out. Put them in life jackets just in case. Things were a bit gnarly for sure.

Had to jibe at one point, thought I controlled it very well, but still ripped the main from the reef crinkle to the rope bolt ;-(.

Heck of a sail, but bummed about the sail. But I think it is the original 30-year old sail....so time to pony up some cash for a new one.

Going to try to tape it up tomorrow and see if we can finish the season on it.

Greg

I forgot to mention that in all of the excitement of tearing the sail and trying to get it down, I lost my favorite Maui hat....now I need to take the Admiral back to the Islands so I can get a new hat.

Greg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
A customer, learning over the side of our headboats to watch a fish being reeled in, lost his teeth. Back then, we anchored and fished in about 100' of water between 60 - 90 miles offshore. The guy asked the captain, my father's business partner, what he was going to do to get his teeth back.
The captain said, "Leave your name and number with the ticket booth when we get back. If we catch a grouper wearing your teeth, we'll call you."

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
I lost the big rear bow frame for my Bimini in about 10' of the muddiest water you can imagine getting the boat ready in the spring. Not knowing how much a new one might cost as I figured they were custom made for the boat, I called a diver who told me he would be there in a week and that it would cost $ 400.00 successful or not. I have a telescoping boat hook so I extended it out all the way and pushed it down into the water never touching bottom which made me wonder if I could touch bottom so I laid down in the cockpit with my head out over the swim platform and pushed until my arm was in to the elbow....and I felt something....so I carefully tried to figure out which way the hook was facing now! After feeling like I had something hooked I carefully lifted it up eventually seeing the chrome frame in the murky water. I learned a lesson but apparently Poseidon keeps track as the following year the same frame knocked my prescription glasses off at the same dock.

Grotto

Feb 18, 2018
Catalina 22 Wilmington
lost a Tilley (hat)....15 yrs on my noggin'......pricey, but they replaced it no charge regardless, highly recommend...
My Tilly is 23 yrs old got it camping right after college. How do they stay in business making such awesome hats

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
lost a Tilley (hat)....15 yrs on my noggin'......pricey, but they replaced it no charge regardless, highly recommend...
Wait... I FOUND a Tilley hat! Oh... I found the owner too.

Aug 3, 2012
My wife dropped her new iphone in 12ft of water at the dock. We could see it sitting there, the screen still working. I swam down and got it. It fried as I was coming up. I guess I should have turned it off down there!

Aug 3, 2012
My anchor! Rolled right off the bow as I was turning to get the shackle. It hung on a bow line for a moment. I reached for it, and it was gone... I dove right down in clear water, but I could not find it. I had a friend offer to dive for it. He is a wreck diver in the finger lakes. He could not find it either.
About 2 months later, with the sun at the right angle to light the bottom under the docks, I found it. It had glided 10-12 ft forward in 12 ft of water. It was under the bow of the boat across the dock from me. I dove in to get it, and that was when I learned that I could NOT hold a 35 lb anchor with one hand over my head in the water while just kicking. Defeated after several attempts to put it in the hands of a person on the dock, I snapped a shackle on it, and had it hauled to the surface. Ironically, I never even put an anchor on the boat now. There is almost nowhere to anchor on the South end of Seneca.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Almost lost my prized Telegraph Harbour hat on the Spirit of British Columbia today. Does almost qualify? How about being on a ferry?
No matter. We’re going to Fish on Fifth, so y’all can gladly debate it without us. :)