SPLASH!

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
Back in the water after 3 years 8 months on the hard.
It took that long because I spent a significant amount of time recovering from or getting ready for one or another of the 5 major surgeries I got to "enjoy" during that time. (1 hip replacement, 3 shoulder rebuilds and a gangrenous gall bladder removal).

I am a happy sailor

1977 Allied Seawind MKII Ketch

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Feb 25, 2014
Catalina 30 Grand Lake. Wyandotte, Ok.
Congrats and welcome back. Heal while you sail. Love the look of a Ketch.
The was some wind today. Did you get out?

Mar 30, 2013
Congrats and welcome back. Heal while you sail. Love the look of a Ketch.
The was some wind today. Did you get out?
I don't even have the sails on yet :biggrin:.
Still have a day or two of dock work and hooking up mast wiring and letting the new standing rig and hull all "settle" for a day or so before the initial rig tuning.
I would prefer a light wind day for the first shakedown sail.

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
A most excellent day . We've been on the hard for the second summer in a row . Shoulder replacement for me ,bulkhead replacement for the boat ..
The tough part is knowing we have brand new sails sitting in a box waiting to be hoisted for the first time ...*cry

Mar 30, 2013
Congrats, Roadking Larry!
Wish I could have been there to see it but I was washing cabin cushions all day.
It was in the water about 11:15. I'm 3rd from the end on the southwest side of dock 6, (farthest west dock, still haven't figured out the marina's new letter/numbering system). Swing on by, If I'm there I should have a cold beer handy.

JUUD

Aug 25, 2021
Catalina C25 Redbud Marina, Oologah Lake
It was in the water about 11:15. I'm 3rd from the end on the southwest side of dock 6, (farthest west dock, still haven't figured out the marina's new letter/numbering system). Swing on by, If I'm there I should have a cold beer handy.
Sounds like a plan!
I may not be out there tomorrow but I will be out there working over the weekend.

Mar 30, 2013
Took the ketch out for the maiden/shakedown sail today. I was going to go out yesterday but had a couple of things break before I could even untie the lines.

Got the necessary problems fixed and the grandson and I took her out.
Still have some fine tuning to work out but she sailed beautifully with no problems.

JUUD, I walked down to get you but you weren't there.