Spinnaker Bail

Feb 2, 2013
Beneteau 351 Bluewater Bay
I am attempting to design a spinnaker bail extension for my CAT 310. I need the mast head weldment dimensions, particularly the forestay 5/8" pin location in reference to the four 1/4" bolts that secure the bail to top of weldment . Anyone have a copy of the weldment drawing?

Feb 2, 2013
paulj
Do you have dimensions for your design?
Alum or SS ? What gauge/thickness?
Looks like it attaches to top of mast head weldment same as existing bail- using 4 bolts. Can you get to all 4 nuts under weldment top without removing forestay pin?

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
paulj
Do you have dimensions for your design? NO
Alum or SS ? What gauge/thickness? AL 1/8 "
Looks like it attaches to top of mast head weldment same as existing bail- using 4 bolts. Can you get to all 4 nuts under weldment top without removing forestay pin? YES

Attachments

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for the pics. Have you seen any lateral (side) movement of bracket? I was considering side brackets that would extend to fit over forestay 5/8" pin to help stiffen side brackets to prevent bending. My spinnaker pulls sheave at top bail all the way to the side. It gets stuck there most of the time. Looks like yours is about 9" long so that is a pretty good side load with a stiff breeze.