SPECS

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PETER GALVIN

I have a 1973 Ranger 26. I don't have any specs for this boat. Was there a tall rig? Are they all the same? If someone has the dimensions I would sure appreciate a copy. I'm looking to purchase a new or slightly used #1 genoa for this boat. Love the boat! Pete Galvin

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Hi Pete, I have no less than (6) different set of spec's

For the Ranger 26. Your best bet will be to measure your hoist, then measure the distance from the tack, back to the mast=J measurement. Here's spec's on 1 of 6 we have on file: "I"=33.00 "J"=11.50 "P"=26.40 "E"=10.00 If this is your boat, your theoretical max luff would be 34.9ft., if you're using hanked sails. You'd probably look in the range of 34ish for hoist, and a foot of around 17' if you want a 150. Give me a call if you need further explanation. Minneysyachtsurplus.com is one place to look for used sails. We would love to build you a new one, of course! There was a tall rig, regular, what they called "short mast", as well as 26-1, 26-2 and 26-3 

B

bwave

Specs for your R-27

Peter,
Send me your fax or email and I'll get the R-26 specs to you. I have the original owners manual from Costa Mesa for the early Ranger 26. bwave@verizon.net

R

rumruner13

request info

I also am an owner of a Ranger 26, lost without my boats specifications. I would appreciate a copy emailed to me also

rumruner13@aol.com

Thanks
Jim Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.