Specs or source for Catalina 30 cabin top wood trim (eyebrows)?

Mar 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Tall Rig MKIII Lake St. Clair
My Catalina 30 is missing the wood trim pieces for the cabin top (some folks call eyebrows). The screws are in place, but apparently a previous owner removed them for maintenance but never returned them. I would like to replace them, but I have no idea as to size. I presume they're made from teak. I have access to woodworking machinery. Thanks!

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
They are teak and the best I can do is provide a pic of what they should look like. You may be able to make a pattern from this. I have not seen any available new.

6E5D65B6-994C-4584-A9D6-909A5588E98C.jpeg

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
They are are hard to source because of their length, look locally. I removed mine on my Catalina 30 and current boat (which your PO did too apparently), I think they look better without them and there's no maintenance. Alternatively, you could use a synthetic teak, PlasTeak is an excellent source: Home - PlasTEAK Inc.

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
Catalinadirect.com has them for your boat, but they cost over $400 US. As many have suggested remove and fill holes, in 1 year you will have forgotten they were ever there.

Good luck

Mar 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Tall Rig MKIII Lake St. Clair
Thanks for all of the responses. I'm leaning toward filling in the holes and not replacing them. I like the idea of less to maintain.

Cheers!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
If you're interested, my C30 dock neighbor replaced his teak rails with composite. I could ask him where he got them. He may have made them himself.
My H30 has all composite exterior trim. No maintenance at all.

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
My Catalina 30 is missing the wood trim pieces for the cabin top (some folks call eyebrows). The screws are in place, but apparently a previous owner removed them for maintenance but never returned them. I would like to replace them, but I have no idea as to size. I presume they're made from teak. I have access to woodworking machinery. Thanks!
I just purchased Teak Eyebrows from Buck Woodcraft. They have multiple sizes and trims for your boat. Reasonable on the price, but freight is outrageous.
1656622543033.png