Specifications for Catalina 22 trailer

• Thread starter Thomas F. Griffith
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas F. Griffith

Is there anyone out there who can give me the information regarding the length of bunk boards for the trailer of a Catalina 22. I am able to get lengths from 5 feet to 8 feet locally. Also the height of the supports so that the swing keel will clear the center of the trailer. I tried to find this information on the Net but cannot locate any of the information. A picture would be great. The owner's manual that I have has a lot of information but when it comes to the boat pictures on a trailer there is always someone standing in the way of the area that I want to view. Thanks so much for the previous response. Tom Griffith

B

Bob Davidson

C22 trailer Refurb

I just refurbed my c22 trailer in 2002. the bunk boards are 2"X6"X10' The bunk are pressure treated wood covered with dense pile indoor outdoor carpet. The carpet was first glued to the bunks then stapled with stainless steel staples. The pylons are all 12" in length fastened to the frame by two U bolts one at the bottom of the trailer frame the other at the top of the trailer frame. Here's another good tip for you my trailer was very rusty. I found a wonderful paint and painted right over the rust, it now looks new! The paint is named Hammerite and contains the chemical additive Oxcelic Acid. The Oxcelic Acid stops the rust dead in its tracks, it has almost been one year and the trailer still looks great!! Good Luck, Bob For Sail c22 #6993

D

Dave

Re: Here's a pic of my trailer setup

I should mention that the keel guides and rest was removed for keel maintenance when this pic was taken. Dave, 14447

T

Tom Griffith

C22 trailer

Dave, Thanks for the photograph of the trailer from stern on. It helps a great deal and now I know what setup to use for my trailer. I do not have as many cross members but I am sure it will work as this trailer is similar to the previous trailer that I used for my Aquarius 21 for many years. The big difference is the swing keel on this boat while the previou boat had a centerboard that retraced inside the boat. Tom

T

Tom Griffith

C22 trailer refit

Bob, Thanks for the information. It will be very useful along with the photo that Dave sent me. I believe that I can arrange everything so that it will handle my C22 now. Tom

D

Dave

Re: C22 Trailer

Tom, Glad to be of help. Good luck with your project! Dave, 14447

B

Bob

Catalina 22 trailer spec

Am I missing something??? Did someone say what specifications a trailer required? I would like the same info. I got this photo at a sailboat race but didn't have tape or paper to record specifics. Would anyone help us out here?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.