Specification of Prop Shaft of Oceanis 43

Jul 1, 2022
Beneteau Oceanis 43 Konstanz
I have lost one blade of my Autorop 2 days ago and have to order a new one. As deliver time from Autoprop is 4-6 weeks, I ask Beneteau directly to get a standard propeller faster. But they also confirmed me a delivery time of 4-6 weeks (in Europe). So I want to search somewhere else. As the boat is still in the water I am looking urgently for the specs of the propeller shaft (diameter, tapped 1:10?,... ) ? According to some other chats it's a 3 Bld 19x13 RH30 51%, Beneteau part number 080365 (replacing 511950) for a Yanmar engine 4JH4AE 54 HP with a KM35P gearbox. Does anybody has any info on the shaft?
Thanks.
Rudi

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
I don't have the specs, but when you get them The Blue Pelican in Alameda, Ca has a web site and a store. They sell used parts and gear. They sold my original prop when I put a folder on my boat. In the store they have lots of props ready to go. So maybe you get one and use it until you can get what you want in 6 months and keep sailing! Good luck

Jul 1, 2022
Unfortunately I do not have access to the Beneteau spare part catogue. Can anybody with access can double check whether the above mentioned propeller 3 Bld 19x13 RH30 51% is correct for my Oceanis 43 HIN FR-BEYG4208A808, year 2008, Yanmar 4JH4AE with KM35P. Just to be sure when ordering a new one. Thanks.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Unfortunately I do not have access to the Beneteau spare part catogue. Can anybody with access can double check whether the above mentioned propeller 3 Bld 19x13 RH30 51% is correct for my Oceanis 43 HIN FR-BEYG4208A808, year 2008, Yanmar 4JH4AE with KM35P. Just to be sure when ordering a new one. Thanks.
That is the model in the spare parts site. The site doesn’t distinguish by hull number or engine for that prop though; it seems to just apply it across the board to the 43.

Alfa

Mar 19, 2015
Beneteau 31 North Vancouver
Rudi, you asked for shaft specification for Beneteau Oceanis 43. Please measure shaft diameter on your boat with a calliper. If dia is 30mm than taper of the shaft is 1:10, thread M20x1.5, keyway depth 4mm and required key 8x7mm. The key must be fitted to shaft/prop during installation (to adjust for keyway depth tolerances and keyway machining method).

I’m enclosing copy of original Beneteau drawing for the shaft taper. For 30mm shaft it shows keyway depth 4mm and length 47mm.

If your shaft diameter is 25mm, be aware that Beneteau (and some other EU boats and shaft manufacturers) are deviating from ISO standards for 25mm shaft in dimensions for keyway; they adopted 6mm keyway rather than ISO 8mm. For example, Beneteau US was selling for 25mm shaft with 6mm keyway, a fixed 3 blade propeller made by Vetus with 8mm keyway. Specially machined 8mm/6mm Width Key was required.

Good luck with a new prop.

Attachments

Jul 1, 2022
Thanks a lot for all the details. I have got the confirmation of Autoprop that it is a 30mm ISO shaft, so a standard Prop will fit. I am already in contact with Vetus in Denmark, so delivery can be within 3-4 days :) Tomorrow the boat will be lifted.