Special O Day Project - Perch Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2009
Oday 28 Lake Michigan
Not sure I've seen any posts on this issue. So looking for some help. O'Day's traditionally have a single rail, stern pulpit. I'd like to add some stern "perch" seats to my O'Day 28, but the aftermarket seats mount to the center rail. O"Day's do not have that center rail for the stern pulpit. Has anyone "created, adpated, modified",........better yet "tackled from a clean sheet of paper" this project with success? Making the seats is not a big issue. I can find plenty of articles for that. How do I overcome the lack of a center rail?

jcb2

Jun 5, 2012
Oday 31 Bayville, NJ
Check out the latest "Sail" magazine (Jan 2013?) where there is a good page of illustrations on how to make these seats. It's a regular page of great advice from Dick ? I forget his last name but he's a world crusing sailor and noted illustrator.

jcb2

Jun 5, 2012
Oday 31 Bayville, NJ
SAIL magazine follow up info.

I checked my January SAIL magazine. The artist is Dick Everitt and he illustrates a monthly article titled "Sketchbook." He always has some great ideas for boat improvements and illustrates them perfectly. Check it out if you are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.