Solar arch Davits

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 Milwaukee
Hi all. Quick question to help me decide:
I have 2 400w rigid panels and a 9’ dinghy 9.9 HP motor. (FYI can’t have the dinghy hoisted on deck. It has to be stern, hence davits)

What arch / davits system do you use?

Thx

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I have custom made davits that I mounted my solar panel through a custom structure.

I've looked at a number of the systems at the Annapolis boat show but didn't bite on any specific one. But I have a 1984 boat with unique structure constraints by modern standards.

dj

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
I have custom made davits that I mounted my solar panel through a custom structure.

I've looked at a number of the systems at the Annapolis boat show but didn't bite on any specific one. But I have a 1984 boat with unique structure constraints by modern standards.

dj
Oh ok. Thx
I actually ordered pre assembled. We ll see about the fit…

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Oh ok. Thx
I actually ordered pre assembled. We ll see about the fit…
If you measured right they should. I think some of them looked quite nice...

dj

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Atlantic Towers. Hoping the product is better than their customer service and website
If I'm remembering correctly, I saw them at the boat show, their product looked well finished. Good luck and let us know how they work out for you.

dj

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
If I'm remembering correctly, I saw them at the boat show, their product looked well finished. Good luck and let us know how they work out for you.
dj
good to know! Thx!!

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I installed an Atlantic towers arch 3 years ago….. did it myself and love it. I have a 10ft highfield and a 9.9 outboard and 2 200 watt pa els up top. I have some good tips on the installation….. if you care to chat give me a call. I’ll dm you my number. Before we speak, dont buy the dinghy davits. …. Get a better fit without them

Greg
s/v Souleil #209