Social distancing on a launch?

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
It’s going to be hot in those masks come summer. Compliance will be an issue with many, even if they want to comply. Riding a launch outdoors is better than most other forms of shared transport, but mask compliance will help.
I hear the "it too hot" one a lot in industry. I would hang a sign that says as politly as possible "Yes, it is hot. That doesn't change the rules, so please don't ask."

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
I can't believe you are so cavalier about this pandemic. Over 75,000 Americans are now dead that were alive and looking forward to 2020 on December 31st, 2019.
Not sure cavalier is the correct term.. Remember the Hong Kong flu ? Around 2.5 million lost their lives... 50 million to the Spanish Flu.. Not about being cavalier, it is about maintaining your sanity. Different folks respond differently. You want to see different.. spend a tour in a FIREHOUSE.. Our motto: Don't worry about being shot if you were meant to be hung...

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
First of all, I assume and acknowledge that launch drivers are (probably) paid low wages, no sick pay, and don't get comprehensive health insurance. Being a driver is a high risk job in these days of Covid-19.

My sympathies are with the launch drivers and the service managers who have to manage the risk of being sued for negligence by either employees or by passengers. Club managers don't have an easy job balancing the demands of members with protecting employees with reduced budgets.

IMO, launch drivers (and any mass transit driver) have a right to the highest level of protection possible when doing their job. If I were a driver, I'd insist on keeping passengers out of my station, and refuse to help them board and disembark. I think it goes without saying that everybody on board should be wearing a mask for their mutual safety.

Just my 2 cents.