SoCal Hunter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
We just wrapped up a three day event. It was well organized and attended. Thanks to the primary sponsors, Hunter, H & S Yacht Sales and Voyager Marine. Bob and Linda Beck (s/v Carpe Diem II) were fantastic organizers, and instigators too. It was at the Isthmus cove in Catalina Island. Blue skys and good sailing winds both ways. Some new Hunters there for tire-kicking and a spinnaker demo. Speakers included sponsor's reps, Raytheon, Yanmar, and North Sails. Of special note was Chris Oldham in from Boston with commentary on Hunters offshore. Entertainment was provided by all of us and included a Blind-man's dinghy race and an appetizer contest. There were enough donated raffle prizes that I think everyone got something. 49 (I think I heard) boats. This has the makings of an annual event, assuming we don't wear out our sponsors and organizers. Great info, good networking and new friends. Thanks to all of you who had a part in it from a very pleased participant. (P.S.: no one played there cockpit speakers :))

C

Carol Donovan and Jeff Walker

Great folks and good times

We couldn't agree more Rick. We had a great time even though I fell out of our dinghy before the great race even began. More thanks to Bob and Linda Beck, Lucie and Steve Lee and I'll add Phil and the HOW site as well. Carol and I especially enjoyed meeting all of you famous HOW contributors as well as the legendary Chris Oldham. See ya all in Y2K. Carol and Jeff s/v Twilight

L

Lucie Lee

A great time

No kidding! Steve & I really enjoyed it. If you haven't attended a rally you really should. We got to meet new friends and revisit people that we've already met from the HOW page. And what a pleasure to finally meet Chris! Also added a few things to our wish list after seeing other peoples' boats. Carol, will you be posting some photos? Rick, we did play our cockpit speakers (albeit low considering the conversation was so interesting.) Hats off to Bob & Linda Beck who worked their tails off and did a wonderful job on EVERYTHING!

G

George & Carol Fletcher

Special Thanks to Bob & Linda

Ditto's to Bob & Linda for a great rendezvous! Looking forward to making sure this IS an annual event. Many thanks to H&S and Voyager for their sponsorship and super support of the event. This is my third boat, and I do enjoy my 450, but my loyalty to the Hunter product is due solely to the gang at H&S. They have been super! I suspect most of us "buy the dealer" rather than the brand. Again, thanks to H&S and Voyager. You guys are the "glue" that holds most of us to the factory. I certainly don't want to forget our other sponsors and special guests. Chris Oldham was the "icing on the cake"! Thanks Chris! Bob & Linda, thank you! George & Carol Fletcher "Alyssa's Grace II" San Diego

M

Marc Honey

Wish I had been there!!!

Rick, Judy and I would have made the Hunter rendevous if timing had been better. We were already committed to a trip to Panama City Florida that weekend. Saw your boat at Marina del Rey the last weekend of August while we were sneaking into the Beneteau rondevous at "the Isthmus" aboard our chartered Catalina 380. Have to admit, I was very disappointed with the amount of motor-sailing we wound up doing! The Isthmus and the island in general were great!!! Maybe we can do the Hunter rondevous next year.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
SoCal Hunter Catalina Island Pictures...

...are posted in the Foto Forum. They are a bit large, so you'll have to scroll around a bit to see the full exposure. Enjoy. Anyone else with some? Rick Dinon

Status
Not open for further replies.