So what happens in 6 years?

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
So I'm on a few nautical mailing lists and sometimes I see things that make you go "Huh?"

Case in point: http://www.killfouling.com/uk/welcome/

KillFouling is a permanent antifouling. YAY!! Great!!!

Lifetime 6 years? What? 6 years is a lifetime? Does your bottom fall off after 6 years? Were the Mayan calendars just slightly off? Does your sailor card get revoked and you have to just sit on the beach and moan? WHAT??

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
It is advertized as having a lifetime of 6 years, not your lifetime.

I think we both know neither are reasonable expectations although it's always entertaining to read marketing.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
a lot of products everywhere in all industries advertise products with lifetime warrenties... and the they are absolutely correct in that statement.

... because as Don says, they are meaning the expected lifetime of the product as was engineered into it when it was designed and built, NOT our lifetime or the lifetime of the equipment in which it is installed.

so when you see the claim being made, always be sure to check the fine print so you know what to actually expect...

Feb 26, 2011
Achilles SD-130 Alameda, CA
Boy, these guys need to spend a couple of bucks on a translation for their web site text.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Boy, these guys need to spend a couple of bucks on a translation for their web site text.

No kidding -

"[FONT=&quot]He seduces by her qualities "long lasting" and his big ease of application "monosleeps"."[/FONT]

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Transration ...................

No kidding -

"[FONT=&quot]He seduces by her qualities "long lasting" and his big ease of application "monosleeps"."[/FONT]
................... is directry from Chinese to Engrish by non-Engrish speaking transrator.

As far as the lifetime guaranty goes, depends on how old you are :eek:

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
A lifetime guarantee means you'll never live long enough to get reimbursed....

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
................... is directly from Chinese to Engrish by non-Engrish speaking transrator. :
I am soooo glad we're unemcumbered by political correctness here. Seriously. You da man, Ralph. You da MAN!

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Kermit there was a chinese guy one time that worked for Electrolux company here in Atlanta...when he would answer the phone he would say Rectraloux....

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
So an optometrist was examining a Chinese patient and said, "I see you have a bad cataract." The patient replied, "No, I have Rincoln Continental."