Snow

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I am visiting we family in LI,NY it’s April and Snowing and my wife is
Freaking out.
Nick
Watch out, the bot will get you for using that 4 letter word, especially in April.

A few years back, it snowed on Mother's Day in Syracuse. It can happen. :what:

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Many years ago it snowed 18" on Good Friday where we lived near Reading PA. My wife, a born and bred Southerner, said we're not spending another (expletive deleted) winter here. We moved that following summer to Tennessee!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
We were driving on Sunrise Hwy. yesterday and saw signs warning of a winter weather event. My wife said "Oh yeah, that must be an April Fools joke." It's no joke as we have approaching 4" here. I did visit my boat Saturday. It was a joy.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
The first half of April is usually good for a few surprises. 22 years ago I recall driving thru a snow storm in Maryland just an hour after windsurfing in Chesapeake Bay and it was the 2nd week of April by then.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
It was 9 degrees yesterday, the coldest April day in 22 years in Minneapolis. Snow predicted on and off all week. Last year this time we were sailing. The bright spot is that the sun is high and hot. Early April weather never seems to effect the ice-out day, a week either side of April 15th.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
We may have snow in the trees right now, but we should be leafing out in another month.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Don't feel sorry for you Nick :), will probably be gone by dinner.

I went to college in Laramie, WY and when I moved it snowed 6 inches on the 27th of June. Only month I didn't see snow there was July. Seen snow where we live now in SE Utah the end of May. Wish we had some now. The 11,000 foot mountains behind town now have the least snow I've ever seen on them. Usually more snow than there is now the first part of June. Our reservoirs are real low. Just got back home but everyone here says it was the mildest winter ever and we average 40" a winter and I've seen 95" before. Don't think there was a foot total while we were gone and some days it was warmer here than in the boatyard in Florida :(,

Sumner
=======================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I feel for you folks north of the Mason Dickson Line.
I send your warm thoughts from Charleston where the breezes are blowing on a pleasant 75 degrees afternoon.
Looking out northeast from the wharf area of old Charleston.
37143CAF-030E-4983-967E-47DE2F4B90FF.jpeg
99100E56-115E-44AA-9928-68BA1247945F.jpeg

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
Don't feel sorry for you Nick :), will probably be gone by dinner.

I went to college in Laramie, WY and when I moved it snowed 6 inches on the 27th of June. Only month I didn't see snow there was July. Seen snow where we live now in SE Utah the end of May. Wish we had some now. The 11,000 foot mountains behind town now have the least snow I've ever seen on them. Usually more snow than there is now the first part of June. Our reservoirs are real low. Just got back home but everyone here says it was the mildest winter ever and we average 40" a winter and I've seen 95" before. Don't think there was a foot total while we were gone and some days it was warmer here than in the boatyard in Florida :(,

Sumner
=======================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas
I'm a little farther north;-) but I have seen snow in every month of the year. It's very common to have snow in 8 calender months most years. Sept 19 was our first real snow this winter, and we still have 6-8" in the yard.
In fact, I went to check on the boat today and ice fishermen are still driving on the lake.
Damn I need to move!

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I hear there are two seasons in Marquette: good snowmobiling and bad snowmobiling.

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
Welcome to my world. It isn't over until it's over.

We retire next year. We're heading south. Not stopping until we hit the Charleston area.

Oct 22, 2014
@sesmith it is nice in April. But you might find it hot and humid later in the summer. Great sailing breeze today.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I go back to sunny warm Fl. April 9 and hope to be
Sailing soon after getting back home.
Nick

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
@sesmith it is nice in April. But you might find it hot and humid later in the summer. Great sailing breeze today.
Well aware of that. We'll likely be back north sailing in the hottest part of the summer there. We're also not giving up our piece of forest up here. Cabin to retreat to if the summer is unbearable in Summerville, where we have a house. Lots of unknowns, except one thing. Winters in NY will be a thing of the past.

Oct 22, 2014
May your winters be enjoyed in warm climates and always among friends.