Smallest boat with dedicated shower?

Jan 18, 2021
Hunter 26 Wasaga Beach
Hi all,

Are their any sailboats under 40ft out there with seperate/dedicated shower? All i'm finding are wet heads.

The mrs and I are looking for a coastal live-aboard for Caribbean cruising but one of my essential criteria is a seperate shower not wet head.

Any suggestions?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
How separate? My Sabre 362 has a divided head, one side is the shower, one the head and vanity. It is 36 feet.

DSC_0208.jpeg

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Several choices for a separate-shower design.
Ericson 38 and 38-200, and the Ericson 35-3. Strong offshore-constructed vessels. Bruce King design and constructed by Ericson Yachts.
The E-38-200 series has an aft head interior, and the others have the head and shower forward.
More info over at www.ericsonyachts.org.
Happy shopping!

Add: going down in build quality a notch, the Pearson cutter model 367 had a separate shower. This model achieved a larger living space by using a V-drive, which adds some potential maintenance hassle and $. That said, the Valiant 40 used a V-drive, too!
And going back up in quality, there's the Nonsuch 36, with a separate shower stall.

Or, just offer Dave enough $ to buy his excellent S-362... !! (all boats are said to be for sale, at some price...!)
:)

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
Or, just offer Dave enough $ to buy his excellent S-362... !! (all boats are said to be for sale, at some price...!)
:)
Not yet, I haven't tried the shower yet in the Bahamas. We're scheduled for our Vaccines next month and this summer we are off, finally. I hope. :biggrin:

Jan 11, 2014
One thing you and your wife will likely find more important than a dedicated shower, is a standard sized toilet bowl. The marine bowl is well suited for potty training, but not for adults.:(

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think you'll have to go big. My H30T is a wet head. Makes no sense unless you just want to hose off your feet or something. We've never used it.

Jan 11, 2014
Yes this is what i mean, i dont wanna have to wipe down the entire bathroom and bowl after every shower.
There is a shower curtain, but we never use it. A little spray ends up in the head, which is better than a wet hanging shower curtain. Our head has 3 opening ports with good cross ventilation in the shower compartment so it dries out quickly.

The bowl on the head can be replaced without changing the whole head, it is 4 bolts. That can be an easy (albeit expensive) post purchase upgrade.

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
Hi all,

Are their any sailboats under 40ft out there with seperate/dedicated shower? All i'm finding are wet heads.

The mrs and I are looking for a coastal live-aboard for Caribbean cruising but one of my essential criteria is a seperate shower not wet head.

Any suggestions?
Catalina, 350, 375, 380, 385, 387, 390 just to name a few from just one manufacturer. Check all sites that list boats like Yachtworld etc.many other makes and models with separate showers.

Steve

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
At boat shows over the last few years it seemed to me like more and more new boats have had a separate shower enclosure, even in relatively small heads. I’m not a big fan - I’d rather get a little water on the vanity than be confined to the tiny space that the separate shower enclosure provides.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I once delivered an Endeavour, around 35 to 37 feet, that had a spacious head, and at one end of the head was a nice separate shower section, plenty big, with a shower curtain. Both sections of the head had teak grating that was not hard on your feet. Can't recall what the drainage was like, so the floor may have been wet everywhere, but it was like being in a home bathroom. 100+ gallons of water storage too, IIRC.

If you need the specific model, I can contact the owner.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Catalina 350 is a surprisingly roomy boat, having been on a tour on my dock neighbors boat. The separate shower compartment is roomy and has headroom for me at 6'. It looks like a very large step up in space from the Catalina 320 and 34. The v-berth even had standing headroom for me and a roomy closet. Overall - great space & a very nice cockpit. I'd almost call the layout and space ideal for a couple.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
A little spray ends up in the head, which is better than a wet hanging shower curtain.
We have a nylon curtain that hangs all the way around the head (It's the width of 2 curtains sewn together edge to edge). The curtain comes down to a few inches above the floor. There is no water (near zero) above the bottom edges of the curtain when we're done showering.
When we're done showering, I wipe down the sink area, then the floor and bottom edges of the walls with a clean cotton shop rag and gather the curtain loosely at the middle, drape it over the binnacle, and it dries in the cockpit overnight. Because it's nylon, it breaths enough to get dry throughout, no need to turn it. (As a precaution against winds, I loosely drape a loop of the mainsheet around the curtain on the binnacle). I stuff it loosely into a plastic shopping bag in the AM.
We're almost always on anchor or mooring, so no issues with strong winds from the side. It even dries when we get rain. It's behind a dodger and under a bimini.

Last edited:

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Hi all,

Any suggestions?
My daughter’s 1984 Cherubini Hunter 37 cutter has a separate shower.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
...Yes I'm looking for a boat between 30-40'.
When I first saw my Beneteau on the hard at the AYS dealership, I fell in love. 6 months later I bought it once the money came in. One of the reasons was the head. It has alot of room, a teak seat in what is the shower area. I put up thingies to hang a shower curtain on. A week after I bought it, my club had a rendezvous at a marina. I opened the boat up to show it off. The first lady into the head ( I could hear her through the open port), she said, "My god... that's not a HEAD, that's a BATHROOM!". Money well spent.