Small World

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
So this past Saturday Rachel and I were walking up to the path at a city lake, Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska. It is a small lake with a sailing center and boats on mooring balls. Even a Catalina 27. As we are walking to the birthday party I look at the docks and I see a sail with the number 7173 on it. I look at the boat and sure enough, it is an O'Day 25. My old O'Day 25. Made my way over and the kid who bought it is mooring it their now. He made a run down the Mississippi after he bought it 5 years ago and made it to St. Louis. He has an electric trolling motor on it as gas motors are not allowed on the lake. He uses it now mainly as a party barge but, its nice to see the boat being "sailed" and he still owns it and is enjoying the hell out of it.

OldBoat.jpg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
What fun. I assume this isn't anywhere near where the boat was sold. Life is filled with serendipity and coincidence, more than my sense of logic says it should be. What does that say about the universe?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Not very far away at all. But, last I heard he was going to head to the Gulf via the river so I thought he either made and sold it, sold it, or was somewhere out in the ether.