Sling Positioning - Oceanis 430

Morry

Oct 30, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 430 Auckland
Hello,

I am looking to take my newly acquired Oceanis 430 out of the water and onto a hard stand. The Marina I am engaging with have advised that it is to my discretion as to where the slings are to be placed.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to best position the slings on a Beneteau Oceanis 430?, or if there is a specific location designated on the vessel?

Thank you.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
If you have the owners manual that should show the correct location. The lift points are usually aligned with the interior bulkheads, but that may vary depending on things like prop shaft location.

Morry

Oct 30, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 430 Auckland
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i do not have access to an owners manual, and i am struggling to find a copy online.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I would defer to the yard if you can't get a hold of Beneteau Yacht customer service.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Put the speedo plug in instead of the paddle wheel. Somehow yards often manage to get the sling on the paddle wheel. My H356 had markings for the sling. Inspection of the sling marks after haul usually showed the yard missed the marks. Ponderous.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
..........Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to best position the slings on a Beneteau Oceanis 430?, or if there is a specific location designated on the vessel?..........
Consult your owner's manual for recommended lifting point like the ones shown on page 64 for the Beneteau 423 attached. The slings on my Hunter 46 at hauout (see photo) are in the locations shown in the diagram on the left. Post post #15 in this thread proposes where the fore and aft slings should be positioned lifting points - marking at hull... | Boat Design Net ..............the boatyard still needs to make the final decision as it is their responsibility to mitigate the risk of damage.

1635689163992.png
1635706369428.png

Attachments

Last edited:

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
If you cannot find a manual and the sides of the hull are not marked at the rub rail, the only thing to use as a starting point would be positioning the slings at the bulkheads.
Reiterating the comment above, remove the knotmeter paddlewheel and insert the plug. No matter how hard the yard tries, the sling seems to end up on it.
Aft, you need to miss and be forward of the prop shaft.
If you have a cradle, when the yard places the boat on it, they have to be able to miss the support pads.
If they know the boat, they will also know if they need to position the slings differently fore and aft on the TravelLift.