Slight leak / water presence in bilge area forward of motor/behind bilge pump area.

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
I think that I saw at one time a post about this topic, but cannot find thread. I was looking in the bilge area last week and noticed a small amount of water in space in front of the engine compartment. I checked all of the thru hulls and non appeared to be leaking. In addition the water lines within reach were dry as well. I then ran water topside after cleaning up, but no water pooling as a result. Anyone else have this issue? If so what was the culprit and how did you fix? Thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2014
catalina 310 Rock Hall, MD
Check your shower drain hose and fittings and head discharge hose to the holding tank.

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
The cooler (forward of the refrigerator hatch) drains to that area on my boat. I store water bottles there, moving them to the refrigerator when needed. Occasionally, the bottles leak. That is where the water goes.

Also, the battery compartment drains there as well

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Thanks all. I’ll check those areas when I’m out tomorrow.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
I had a similar problem. Periodically there would be water in the underside of the engine. After a long time I found where the water was entering. It was torn speaker baffles that were mounted on the lazzarett lid. The water would accumulate in the bilge later after I had rinsed the boat.
Haro.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Where does your engine raw water intake anti-siphon elbow vent empty? (possibility)