Site changes

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
Based on member feedback, I've opened up the site to a wider but closely related audience (see the new forum description at the top of the site). I've also added Iain as a moderator. Thanks to Iain for offering his services as a moderator.

Feel free to post any related comments here or send me a private message if you wish.

Also note that this forum is powered by phpBB version 2. I am tracking progress on a new major release, version 3. The new version is not ready yet, but will be soon. See this link for details: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=507324. The new release will have many new features including the ability to upload photos. When the new release is ready, I'll begin the migration process.

Best Regards,
David

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Thank you David.

This is great to see the new Alden designs on the top. We're still a small group but it seems this could be the point of concentration for that group.

Wonderful news that the new version will have photo posting tools. I think that will be very important for the whole board. I have many how to type photos not loaded onto a website that would be of great value to someone takng on a task for the first time.

Thanks again for supporting this site.