Sink pumps 1978

Nov 5, 2010
Oday 23 Stonington, CT
Anybody have any advice on replacing a head sink pump? I can't figure out how to get the square plastic cowl off, but it must be cracked under there as each pump stroke produces a lot of leaking. Anybody found a replacement that fits, or might I find another exact one like this?

Attachments

Erieau

Apr 3, 2009
Oday 25 Erieau
It looks like it was fastened to the sink bowl before the bowl was attached to the countertop. You may have to pull the sink to get the faucet off.
Have you stuck your head into the cabinet to see if you can detach the faucet from the underside?
Hand pump galley faucets are readily available, all with a relatively small footprint. Have a look on ebay for ridiculous selection.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
Anybody have any advice on replacing a head sink pump? I can't figure out how to get the square plastic cowl off, but it must be cracked under there as each pump stroke produces a lot of leaking. Anybody found a replacement that fits, or might I find another exact one like this?[/QUOTE/]

If you are able to remove the pump and you will, try cleaning it and apply a little vegetable oil to the rubber gaskets and inner moveable parts. It may work. The pump is not a Fyn spray. You'll need to Google it when you find out the make.
Joe

Last edited by a moderator: