Sink and cook top

Jan 13, 2020
Hunter 260 Mill Harbor Yacht Club
New under mount stainless sink with folding faucet fed by on demand pump.
Also new two burner cook top.
Drilled a new hole in the compression post to hold the shortened table up to the cabin roof when not in use.
Also made a two piece berth base that stows in the V berth location and a cushion so the dining area makes a WAY nicer berth than the aft berth. (Now for daughter and dog)

Attachments

gudiss

Jul 19, 2016
hunter h260 ocean city nj
clive, those mods are really nice. the salon berth is how the boat should have came. how are you supporting the cushions? did you abandon the table?

Jan 13, 2020
clive, those mods are really nice. the salon berth is how the boat should have came. how are you supporting the cushions? did you abandon the table?
Gudiss, no see the photo's i drilled a high hole in the comp post so the table cab be stored up by the ceiling. two pieces of 3/4 ply split across the C Post support the center cushion and are stored up in the V berth along with the center cushion. very comfy

Jan 13, 2020
Okay i will next time I'm at the marina. Actually i have many more mods including sailing mods so maybe i'll shoot them all and put them in the mod section or even do a video and post the link. may take me some time. Feel free to text me if you need info. 208 703 2735 Maybe I'm not supposed to hand that out... Ah well

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Please shoot some pics of your table mod
Sounds like what I did on my boat. I raised the table as far as I could, I determined I could cut some of the aft end off of it. Raised it and made a hole thru the compression post and drilled thru it, like for a cotter pin, but used a bolt to hold the table up to the roof.

Jan 13, 2020
Yep, exactly what i did Ron, but i used the original stainless pin. I think i cut about 12-14 inches off the table but followed the same radius.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Yep, exactly what i did Ron, but i used the original stainless pin. I think i cut about 12-14 inches off the table but followed the same radius.
Did you do the cutting with the table in the boat or did you remove it?

Jan 19, 2010
... and did you cut the fat side or the skinny side back? I notice that my "fat" side slides nicely into a groove in front of the V-berth and allows that berth to be much larger. But you have to swing the table 180 deg. I just leave mine in that position because it opens up the cabin a little and I don't need all of the seating anyway.

Jan 13, 2020
Right, No i cut the large side. I wanted there to be more room to walk around when the table is in its dining position. I knew we would give up the 180/V berth option but none of my family wanted to be up there and getting down in the night is a pain. Yes it means that you now have a table, and 2 pieces of wood to make up the Dining area berth, but then the berth support can be a better shape fore the bed and fit in the V berth, and the with the table held up against the ceiling, you kind of have the best of it all.. (Other than toting extra stuff)

• Helpful
Jan 19, 2010
Right, No i cut the large side. I wanted there to be more room to walk around when the table is in its dining position. I knew we would give up the 180/V berth option but none of my family wanted to be up there and getting down in the night is a pain. Yes it means that you now have a table, and 2 pieces of wood to make up the Dining area berth, but then the berth support can be a better shape fore the bed and fit in the V berth, and the with the table held up against the ceiling, you kind of have the best of it all.. (Other than toting extra stuff)
Thanks...

I understand the trade-off decision you made. I'd love to hear from someone who went the other way and maybe trimmed the short end (and maybe some of the side) to get more room in the cabin while keeping the v-berth option. I'd hate to be the first to try it.... only to discover it was a really bad choice.

Jan 13, 2020
There is so little material on the shorter end that i doubt you take much off.
Also you'll make the table less stable with one end much heavier than the other. Finally cutting off the side will only allow more room to get in and out from the seats but may leave plates too far away to be comfortable. I wouldn't go that route.

Jan 19, 2010
Well.... I might be happy just getting it secured on the ceiling so.... I'll think on that first and see.