Single

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
Do tell, where would I find examples of this gifted writings you speak of?

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
It is a great read, I look forward to re-reading as I somehow lost my copy. Thanks

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
I agree, it's a very good book. I've read it a few times. Thank you @Foolish

After being land-locked for over 30 years (4 hour drive to the nearest sailable water) I sail every chance I get, even when most people say "It's too cold to be on the lake." In the spring I put my boat in the water as soon as the lakes have enough open water to navigate. In the fall most of the boats around here get put away around Labor day. I, on the other hand, keep sailing until the lakes freeze over again, which could be any day now here in Northern Minnesota. :( Needless to say, although I do enjoy having company aboard, I sail solo most of the time.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Needless to say, although I do enjoy having company aboard, I sail solo most of the time.
I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to experience plenty of fun things but there are few better imho than being in the “zone” sailing solo, blasting downwind with nothing but the noise of the boat moving through the water.
Maybe in your case you add in dodging ice chunks while doing so ;)

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
As Bud notes, sailing season is for sure winding down in Minnesota.. Nights are now below freezing. And while Jodi is a total gamer when it coming to racing in ANY weather, she's less impressed with cold weather sailing 'for the fun of it'. Which is OK. She gets to stay warm, and I get to head out solo. Like yesterday. One of my most favorite things.

BlueJ is set up so I can fly my asym multiple times without leaving the cockpit. Unless I want a good selfie!

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
I have this book on my Kindle but it has been awhile since I read it. It is a great book if you like sailing solo, as I do too!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I'm heading out tomorrow after work. I'll have about an hour before dark so I will only get to the cove in time to drop the hook. It is supposed to be in the 40F range so I'll have to bring a sleeping bag. But a nice glass of scotch should warm me up.

Then Saturday the forecast is sun, a high of 69F and steady 9mph out of the NW. PERFECT!!!! I've invited some people to jump on Saturday but if they don't that is okay too.:beer::thumbup:

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
I'm heading out tomorrow after work. I'll have about an hour before dark so I will only get to the cove in time to drop the hook. It is supposed to be in the 40F range so I'll have to bring a sleeping bag. But a nice glass of scotch should warm me up.

Then Saturday the forecast is sun, a high of 69F and steady 9mph out of the NW. PERFECT!!!! I've invited some people to jump on Saturday but if they don't that is okay too.:beer::thumbup:
Sure..... rub it in.....
I walked down to the nearest lake this afternoon. The first 50 feet is frozen. :(( Looks like sailing season is over for me.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Sure..... rub it in.....
I walked down to the nearest lake this afternoon. The first 50 feet is frozen. :(( Looks like sailing season is over for me.
Here you go @BudGates ... taken at about 3:00 PM yesterday.:thumbup:

Gusts into the high teens ... being by myself and all I only flew the headsail. It was very relaxing....
IMG_2029[2].JPG