Shower Sump Pump

Feb 16, 2012
Hunter 45 CC Alamitos Bay, Long Beach
I have a 2006 Hunter 45 CC, and want to replace the aft shower sump pump. Is the "Whale Gray IC Shower Waste Pump Kit hard to install?
Jeff
Hunter 45 CC

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
I replaced both of my sumps boxes with the whale IC setup. They are great! They were not hard to install but the locations and bend radius for the hoses are what can make it challenging. I was able to reuse the wiring so that part was very simple.

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 36 Seattle, WA
I used a whale gulp 320 as a replacement for the shower sump in my H36. I had to create a new location in order to provide an in-line entrance and exit to the pump and clear the thruhull handles. It was well worth the time. The pump works and self primes flawlessly.

Jan 12, 2016
Hunter 410 Ladysmith, BC
1+ on what a great pump the Whale Grey Water IC is. We replaced two attwood sump boxes on our boat and couldn't be more happy we did. Never need to do any real service other than once or twice a season I run a little water with zaal noflex digestor through the lines to keep it all clean.

Feb 16, 2012
Does it have two inlets, as the one I have now (attwood sump box) drains both the aft shower, and the aft sink.
Thanks,
Jeff

Mar 9, 2019
Hunter 33.5 Titusville
Jeff,
I added a sump pump for the shower drain on my Hunter 33.5. It saved running the water into the bilge. You probably have more room than I do on the 33 so you should have somewhere to place it . I connected the shower drain hose to the pump box (Seaflow). There are usually several inputs. I did learn one helpful thing. The ends are all sealed on the box. Rather than cut off a little of the end you want to use. Just drill out the hole. This leaves a bit more length on the connector. For the output, I put a "T" joint in the output line from the bilge pump. Be sure it is after your check valve.

Feb 16, 2012
It is the very best solution
I highly recommend it
Can I use the existing 12-volt electrical connection that I currently have, it is basically an ON - OFF switch that was original on our Hunter 45 CC?, Also, do I need a check valve between the discharge hose from the "pump" and the through hull fitting?
Thanks, Jeff

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Can I use the existing 12-volt electrical connection that I currently have, it is basically an ON - OFF switch that was original on our Hunter 45 CC?, Also, do I need a check valve between the discharge hose from the "pump" and the through hull fitting?
Thanks, Jeff
The existing wiring should be fine
The gulper pump has a built in check valve on the output