Shower pump wont operate

May 29, 2022
beneteau oceanis 50 portavadie
hi all, newbie hear, have an oceanis 50, 2010, the shower in the master cabin wont pump out, fitted a new pump (which came with the boat) but same thing, I can hear clicking when you press the button to drain the shower (its not a sump type) its a gulper I think they are called, it sounds like a soleniod is clicking, but I cannot find it, anyone any suggestions if it does have a soleniod and if so where it might be ?

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
On my 331, there is a Y valve below the sink that flips. One way is for the ice box, the other for the shower....does this help?

May 29, 2022
On my 331, there is a Y valve below the sink that flips. One way is for the ice box, the other for the shower....does this help?
Thanks. But no. The day heads shower pump works as does the ice machine pump. The forward pump is brand new but just clicks when u press the discharge button.

Feb 21, 2010
Beneteau 31 016 St-Lawrence river
The shower pump on my B31 has a relay with timer. Sounds as this is the defective part on yours. It’s in line between the button and the pump.

May 29, 2022
The shower pump on my B31 has a relay with timer. Sounds as this is the defective part on yours. It’s in line between the button and the pump.

that makes sense, I will see if there is a way into the button to trace the wires, or looks like the button tightens from the top so can probably remove and peek down the hole.

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
I'd go at it with a voltmeter. Mine has a loose connection so until I get to it, I jiggle the wires.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Temporarily apply 12vdc to the pump and see if it runs.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Could be a connection, could be a bad pump or an obstruction. Start with checking the pump by hooking the wires directly to a battery.