Shower drain clogged

Aug 22, 2020
Beneteau 411 411 Marina Del Rey
I recently had my seacocks replaced on my Beneteau 411. Yesterday, I notice water standing and was wondering if the drain is clogged or the seacock valve to the shower is closed. My problem is that I am a new boat owner and do not know where that valve is located? Or the position it needs to be placed into? And if this is the real problem or is it something else?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Generally, when the handle is “in line” with the hose, the valve is open. I don’t know where to look for the valve on your boat.

Was the standing water in the shower pan? Did you use the shower?

Greg

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Most boat showers do not drain by gravity but by use of a pump to drain the sump, so thru hull must be open and the pump engaged. The thru hull for shower drain is under sink, shower pump on the 12 volt panel. On my boat the pump also drains icebox/fridge so there's a wye valve must be correctly positioned.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
On my 331, the shower drain and the refrigerator drain share a pump that lives under the head sink. Also under there is a plumbing switch valve to choose which to pump. That's the plumbing part. Electrically, there's a breaker for that pump that must be on, and then a momentary on button on the front of the sink that operates the pump.

Aug 22, 2020
Generally, when the handle is “in line” with the hose, the valve is open. I don’t know where to look for the valve on your boat.

Was the standing water in the shower pan? Did you use the shower?

Greg
Just replaced new toilet pumps and notice standing water.

Jan 7, 2011
Just replaced new toilet pumps and notice standing water.
Got it… my guess is water from the toilet replacement, sitting in the shower pan, and as others have said, there is usually a diaphragm pump to pump the shower pan out…at least that is how my O’Day 322 is set up. I have seen other boats with a drain box below the floor, and a bilge pump in the box to move the water overboard.

Greg

Aug 22, 2020
The water is coming from the new installed pump. However, I need to find out how to remove the water from the shower floor.

Jan 7, 2011
Look at the electrical,panel, and see if there is a breaker marked for shower sump….

my O’Day 322 has a breaker for a diaphragm pump to pump the water out of the shower pan…and in the head, there is a switch to turn it in when taking a shower.

if you have a breaker for it, there should be a switch for it somewhere in the head.

and replace that toilet with a Raritan…. Way better pump. You can buy the base and the pump, and use your old bowl I think…

Greg