Show us your boat name!

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Getting thrown ashore by Hurricane Sally caused us to repaint the entire hull so the old name came off. I had a local sign shop make us a new decal. I can't remember how many different shades of green or even fonts that we looked at before we came up with this.
IMG_20220412_161650888_HDR.jpg

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
The Sue Biscuit 1 was Mrs. Snows (Sue) old Laser, originally named Sea Biscuit.

We formally changed its name via a traditionally ceremony officiated by buddy Tom (the Southern Idaho Sailing Association Commodore). Lots of toasting to the cardinal points. (My wife's unballasted racing career ended shortly thereafter.)

1699901912655.png

Last fall sail of the season - Lucky Peak draw down. Sneaky overnight docking at a swim platform 1/2 on the dry. Note dock lines. (Also -have a few scuffs to buff out).

There is a "Sue Biscuit III" :waycool:

Last edited:

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
5aa04dacf3ff1_Etoiletransom.JPG.706642fd205bd6c758566d2118bf5ad7.JPG

Had to check the entire thread to make sure this wasn't already posted. Interesting that there are so few duplicates in all the names.
Étoile is an International 505.

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Our Jeanneau 389 is "With Gusto". Gus was our English Golden retriever who was on the boat (our Beneteau 321) every time it left the harbor.

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Our Jeanneau 389 is "With Gusto".
I'm trying to imagine a mayday call to the coast guard.
You: "Mayday mayday, this is, With Gusto. We are dismasted. Mayday mayday."

USCG: "This is the US Coast Guard, answering mayday, what is your vessel's name and location? Over."

You: "This is With Gusto. We are twelve miles off the South Farland light. Over."

USCG: "Copy that, twelve miles off the South Farland light. We are dispatching a rescue helicopter now. Please tell us your vessel's name. Over."

"You: "With Gusto. Please hurry, we are taking on water. Over."

USCG: "Understood. You are in big trouble. We get it. Your gusto is appreciated. What is your vessel's name? Over."

-Will

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
The first decision was whether or not to purchase the H30. The second decision was whether or not to rename her. The final choice was made when choosing a name that would be classic when radioing we are in distress. For example: May Day, May Day, May Day…This is the sailing vessel Weather or Knot; we may be sinking!!!

IMG_1837.jpeg

• Ha
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The first decision was whether or not to purchase the H30. The second decision was whether or not to rename her. The final choice was made when choosing a name that would be classic when radioing we are in distress. For example: May Day, May Day, May Day…This is the sailing vessel Weather or Knot; we may be sinking!!!

View attachment 221402
You could call on the Lake Cayuga Coast Guard Auxiliary. My son wanted to join up while he was going to school there. He was studying philosophy, so my wife and I didn't think Nihilism or Phenomenalism were a good mix for search and rescue. (There is no boat if we can't find it, and besides, it's meaningless anyhow).

-Will