Should I post this under Bridge Lift or someplace else?

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton

I saw this and didn't want to wait until the next time the discussion comes up about 'how fast is your boat' or 'should I get it documented with the Coast Guard or registered with the state'.
I was thinking of putting this up on the cruisers forum but was concerned that it might become too convoluted because he did not seem to be displaying a flag. On the other hand it's a bit more complex than just hull speed vs speed through the water when you consider the affect of tides in regards to course made good and what happens when you disregard calculating vectors and the AHJ. :biggrin:

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
That reminded me of this one. It was this guys first attempt to drive his truck, family and friends from Cuba to the US. After he was intercepted by the Coast Guard 40 miles from the US, they sank it. His second attempt was in a Buick Electra. That one he filled so full of styrofoam that it wouldn't sink. He got within 10 miles of the US that time. Then was held at Guantanamo for a while. Costa Rica offered to give them asylum because they were in real danger for trying to leave Cuba twice. They hitchhiked to Texas where they were at last accepted as refugees, now living and working in Miami.
Cuban Boat Truck.jpg
Cuban Boat Buick.jpg