Short handed. The wave of the future.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I disagree. When a 40 something from S Cal can stand back and look at one of the new sailboats in the slip, picture a couple of girls in bikinis catching rays on the foredeck, and not be confused by what all those rope thingies and pole doohickies do, then they will consider buying the new sailboats.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Not sure what point you're trying to make here. In every demographic, there will be people attracted to the dynamics of sailing, and some people that just want to push a button and go. There is an inherent complexity in sailing that you cannot make disappear. New boats have advance rigs and electric winches that lower the workload, but at the end of the day you have to (and want to) sail.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
OK first you have to get past the GREEN. Why do Germans LOVE that color? The new FC53 is a Finot-Conq design that grew out of the Pogo50 experence. It was a one-off deisgn but is now in series production after a high level of interest in the project. Lighter, faster, but with more advances to make the sailing easier for a cruising couple. If Pip Hare loves it, it's gotta be great. This thing spends its entire life at 10+ knots. I'd have mine in dark blue, thank you very much.