Shore power

Sep 7, 2011
Hunter H23 Southwind YC, Milford, Kansas
Have added shore power to a number of boats but am looking for some advice on adding shore power to an 1985 H23.
Mainly, I would appreciate some pictures of your interior installation....where it is, how you have housed the circuit breakers, where did you drill the hole for the 30 amp input, etc.

I just looking for ideas at this point...

thanks!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
On my H26, the battery switch and hole for the 30 amp input are actually in the cockpit locker. It works very well this way. The locker hatch was already set up to allow the halyard line to fit between the lip and the locker wall and as such, the 30 amp cord slips nicely from the gunwale and then up under the cockpit locker's lid. The breaker is housed on the galley cabinet wall.

Sep 7, 2011
Hunter H23 Southwind YC, Milford, Kansas
On my H26, the battery switch and hole for the 30 amp input are actually in the cockpit locker. It works very well this way. The locker hatch was already set up to allow the halyard line to fit between the lip and the locker wall and as such, the 30 amp cord slips nicely from the gunwale and then up under the cockpit locker's lid. The breaker is housed on the galley cabinet wall.
Thanks...hat is about what I was thinking...........

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Just be sure that your double-pole AC breaker is close to the cable inlet fixture. Not just to comply with ABYC, but for general safety as well.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
On my H26 the inlet fixture is in the port cockpit locker and the breaker is in the galley cabinet to starboard. The beam is 8' so the run is probably about 10' all in.

I'd get you pictures but my trailer is at the shop and the boat is sitting on the trailer. I could get them in a few weeks. Crazy Dave actually installed mine so you should definitely talk to him before you start cutting holes. He will want to talk to you on the phone... he is like that.:thumbup:

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
“Close”. What are we talking? Ten feet ...5 feet???
I recall it used to be 3 meters. Best to have it as short as reasonable. I do not have their manual, but perhaps some on-line searching is in order. After I built an frp box for the inside of the combing where the 30 amp inlet was located... our distance became about 12 inches.

DJN51

Oct 26, 2009
Hunter 23.5 East Chicago In
Check out EZACDC.com makes a complete kit.Did it on my 23.5 yrs ago,works great.Couldn,t buy parts for what kit cost

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Depends on the breaker which I use to install 20 amp breakers on trailerable boats and then the other as pointed out on larger boats. So both of us are correct