Shipwrecked: A Shocking Tale of Love, Loss, and Survival in the Deep Blue Sea

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Thanks for sharing, I just read another book that I found very Entertaining. It's called

Before the Wind by Jim Lynch.

It had me by the first paragraph and the first chapter at least just kept me in stitches. It's a sailing story of 290 pages. It came from our local library.

Ken

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Yeah, that's a disturbing tale. When Tiger Sharks are circling your inflatable you're not having a fun day. And bumping into it? I know they are evolutionary relics but they ain't stupid!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Some tale of misery and survival, only to be haunted. Sad.

Thank you for sharing. It was well written.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
My eldest bro Rx's this book by Steven Callahan, Adrift. My second bro said it was so depressing he kept hoping the guy would just give up and die. We're not touchy feely people. I guess I'll read it but as I hope to have a few more ocean adventures, maybe not just yet.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
One thing not made clear in the article is the time the event, it appears that it occurred in the early 80s. Since then safety at sea has greatly improved. EPIRBs weren't around then and weather forecasting was much worse.

In the next few months we have several short offshore passages ahead of us. Our safety equipment far exceeds that which was available in the early 80s.