Shields Multiflex

Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
Just got back from dewinterizing the boat. I found that my 1-1/2 galley drain line was split open where it connects to the through hull. Could have been a big leaker. I went to West Marine to buy a new hose and was surprised to read on the label that Shields Mtiflex is not recommend for below the waterline connections. All of the sink and shower drains on the boat are Multiflex. I ended up using white sanitary hose as a replacement. Worked just fine. Now I'm thinking I should replace all of the others (these are factory installed hoses) Any advise on this?

This is the second time in six months I could have had a big leak. The other was a bad leak in the mascerator pump housing for the black tank (there is no reason for that pump to be installed below the water line. I'm thinking of moving it up a 15").

I wasn't that guy that closes all the through hulls when I leave the boat...... I am now.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Good reminder for everyone!
I just finished replacing all PVC connections below the waterline and hoses. I bit the bullet and used Saniflex.