Sherwood Impeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
I am getting ready to replace the impeller in my raw water pump for the engine on My 1990 Catalina 30 MK II. It is a sherwood pump. I don't have the opening in the front of the pump to access the impeller so I have to unbolt the front off. I had a heck of a time trying to find the right impeller to replace it. I checked my owner's manuel and I could only find one part number for the impeller. I called globe (I like the impellers that they make because they are a run-dry impeller) and the part number they said was a 1130. I don't know if this is right. Has anyone put a globe run-dry impeller in their boat? If so, is that the right number?

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
Second attempt

Okay, the Globe 1130 doesn't fit. I have the same pump as you do. I talked to Globe today and the impeller number is a 610. You can order it for defender (around 48 dollars with shipping). The globe impeller is supposed to last longer and it can run dry for a while. From what I have been told it is the way to go! Anyone with the type of Sherwood water pump that we have should seriously consider the Globe impeller. Btw, my uncle has a Catalina 34 with the same engine and he has the older Sherwood pump. He helped me remove my impeller and he liked the pump that I had. He said that it is much easier to change the impeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.