Sheaves for b321 masthead

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
The mast on our B321 has only come down once in 15 years and plan to do so again in a couple years. I noticed last time that the sheaves at the top of the mast were worn. Believe one was for the jib sheet and the other for the spinnaker.

Anyone know what brand/size I need for these replacement? Could not find in the owners manual.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Cymeyer, check the Beneteau USA website, they have schematics that illustrate the masthead casting and sheaves. Another source at least for my mast is USSpars, not sure what brand yours may be. When you drop the mast, you will find that those sheaves are probably a common size delrin material. I am not certain of the shaft diameter or of the OD of the sheaves. There are at least two sheaves on a common shaft and space for one or two others. As I recall the head casting is pop riveted to the mast and has to come off in order to press out the shaft. I am somewhat surprised that thos sheave haven't self destructed by now.

Anyway, once you are able to determine the size, check this site as a source, you will probably pay less than some of the more commonly known stores.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Anyone know what brand/size I need for these replacement? Could not find in the owners manual.
Usually the mast and boom have stickers from the mfg with model # of the spar. Doug, is your mast on the ground?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Usually the mast and boom have stickers from the mfg with model # of the spar. Doug, is your mast on the ground?
Ron, my mast is up this year, boat has been on the hard since mid September. Already had measurable snow in parts of northern Michigan...I'm out of there til Spring.

Jul 8, 2005
Just curious if there are any Beneteau 321 owners who have their masts down now. When I measured the two small sheaves at the very top of the masthead (under the plate), I measured them to be 17 mm diameter which seems small. I got an email from SparCraft saying these are more like 2" in diameter which is more like the sheaves on the side of the mast.

If anyone has their mast down now (stepped), can you let me know what the diameter is of the two small sheaves at the top?

Jul 8, 2005
Thanks, Joker,
You are right, it is a Charleston Spar mast. When I google it, SparCraft comes up.
When researching drawings on their website, I think I am using the wrong terminology.
Looks like they call them "rollers" since they are small (about 17 or 18 mm). Not the sheaves built into the side of the mast.
Hopefully, I can find these at SparCraft. They have been very responsive to my emails.
Chris