Sharp new main cabin windows for C45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John K. Quick

I have had new custom windows built and installed for the main cabin on my C45. I am quite pleased with what I received. They installed easily and look sharp. At this point, I have not seen any leaks. And, one of the best and unexpected features, these frames have a built in rubber seal on both the inner and outer frames. So, installation requies absolutely no sealants. The nicity is that I can take them in and out at will. Insallation was about an hour for each of the 6 windows. On my boat, I found that the prior owner had done some modification. It was not done properly and still needs attention to correct. However, at my leisure, I can painlessly remove each window and casually/ methodically repair the surrounding window area and replace the window. I elected to use tempered glass on the sides and acrylic in the front. The acrylic windows are now covered with sunbrella to preserve their life. I did elect to use acrylic for the front, due to the fact that it is exposed to the mast base work area (winch handles). Bomon (located in Canada) was the manufacturer and the purchase cost $2400, shipping to Tampa Bay was $350. If I can provide any assistance to anyone, let me know.

B

Barbara Pinker

Looking at a 45

John, What can you tell me about the condition of your boat when you first saw her. We are looknig at one that is (seems) solid in hull deck and engine but has been gutted to the teak below decks. Wondering if it is worth the money the owner is asking and if restoring will break us. Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.