Share your Storage Mods

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I did not want to hijack the other recent thread that was specific to the 23.5 so I started a new thread. I recently added this to my H26 (see pic) as a way of stowing my boat hook and winch handles.

Share your clever ideas.
IMG_1569[1].JPG

IMG_1523[1].JPG

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
I made lee cloths out of Phifertex that I use to hold gear on the settees. I also saved all the listing photos of Empty Pockets when she was up for sale because of all the storage cubbies they had, a lot of them used Phifertex as covers and Twist-lock fasteners to hold them closed.

Lee Cloth Install (4).jpg
Lee Cloth Install (4).jpg

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Not a stowage problem, but more of a utilization of space problem. The top of this closet was being used for the VHF radio only. Nothing else could be placed there and there was no other room for my SSB Amateur radio. So I build this until that will fit both radios and the GPS for the VHF. This is the second unit. The first housed a different SSB radio that failed. So I need to replace it and found this Icom HF rig as the new radio.

IMG_20180209_101308a.jpg

Jan 24, 2009
@Brian D -
You made the cabinet out of a sheet of PVC from a big-box store?
Did you glue anything, or just the screws?
More ideas for stuff I don't have time for. :biggrin:

Jan 24, 2009
Good job, neat & clean.
What is the white coating? Doesn't look like paint.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Vinyl wrap. Like the kind used on cars. You apply then use a heat gun to shrink. This was the first iteration but the radio failed. The vinyl wrap on this one was teak. I got the wrap on ebay.
B4Aft.jpg

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
This one may only work on the 240 due to the size of the aft fuel locker. I needed a place to store the 3 plexiglass hatch boards without them sliding around. No good place below, so I cut slots in some scrap 2" starboard and mounted them on the floor of the fuel locker. The boards stand vertically in the slots, with plenty of room for a 3 gallon gas tank. I mounted a small solid piece on the starboard side to keep them from sliding out.

Attachments