Several Easynew boat owner questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerry Kincaid

These should be easy to answer for a long time 25 owner. 1. What was the original alcohol stove and what's a good replacement (mine is missing?) 2. Knot meter and speedlog are shot, original instruments, and ideas for a good replacement? 3. Any good ideas for a system to raise and lower the mast mechanically? I'm a picture guy if there is a diagram I can figure it out. 4. Who is a good dealer for a 25 main sail? Thanks very much responses greatly appreciated. Gerry

D

Don

Answers

Gerry: 1- Probably Kenyon, or Origo. If your leaning to alcohol, take a look at the new Origos', try Origo.com. I use a propane camp stove and spin on cartridges, total cost $25.00 2-Signet makes a good one, try signet.com or maybe signetmarine.com, can't remember. 3-There is a diagram, at the Yahoo, O'Day club, under pictures, but you have to join (no biggy) to see them. See my recent post on just this topic their also. 4- Sorry, there are so many good ones, its like asking what tires do you use for your car, but since your asking my preference is Sobstad Don

T

TT

sail

A guy I talked to bought new sails from "Hong Kong Sails" he said he saved a bunch of money and loved the sail. Strictly word of mouth, so take with a grain of salt.

P

Paul Palmer

Answers for easy questions

1. My original alcohol stove was a two burner Mariner model 205-32A. It was far to big so I replaced it with a single burner camp stove that screws on top of a butane bottle. I made a cutting board that fits over the sink with a notch cut around the primeter that fits snug to the inside of the sink so it won't move. I cut a hole in the cutting board the same size as the butane bottle. The bottle drops through the hole and sets in the sink and makes a very stable stove. 2. My original instruments were also Mariner and can be obtained from: SRInstruments, 600 Young St, Tonawanda, NY. 716-693-5977, fax 716-693-5854. 3. Have done it by hand and with a crane. Have thought about using the main boom as a jen pole with the main sheet but have not tried it. 4. D&R Marine P.O. Box 921, Assonet, MA. 02702 (508)-644-3001 has many original O'Day parts and offer a new main sail for $595. hope this helps. Paul Palmer 112244.525@compuserve.com

P

Paul Mieszczenski

MAST RAISING

Gerry, I tie a 3/8" line to the topping lift, run it through a snatch block tied to the stern rail, and then to the sheet winch. I lift, wife cranks and mast is upright in 30 seconds. Probably not an option in winds over 12k.

P

Paul Palmer

Mast Raising

Gerry I found pictures and drawings of a mast raising system for the OD25 at the yahoo o'day owners culb. Go to clubs.yahoo.com and inter o'day owners under club search and click on photos. You have to join the club to have access to the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.