Set up so my table goes up the post to right under the ceiling!

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
I have seen a few pictures of B331's for sale with the table from the saloon stored right up the post as far as it will go to the ceiling!
I wonder if I drill the holes through the post at that level would that impact its strength?
There are already holes in it for the table and the bed cushions....so would a couple of more matter?
If it was the mast itself (assuming keel stepped) - that I would never do.
Your thoughts please!
Mike Casey
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I always wanted to do that with my H356. The table was a PITA and in the way. When it was down in the bunk position it wasn't long enough for me to sleep in.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
... I have seen a few pictures of B331's for sale with the table from the saloon stored right up the post as far as it will go to the ceiling! .....so would a couple of more matter?
I did exactly that on my Benny 235. On the aft end of the table, I cut off enough to raise the table that much higher to the ceiling, AND allowed better access into the seating. I left enough surface on the table ( YMMV) to just allow 2 plates and silverware aft of the post.. I think I used a push-button pin through the table/bracket.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Interesting. I did happen to fashion a new one, that is considerably smaller than the original. I should be able to get it right up to the ceiling. Thanks. PS - excuse the mess on the boat, it was before launch.

Attachments