Selling advice-where else to list a 310 for sale

Dec 5, 2010
Beneteau 331 0 Niceville FL
Hi Everyone;
We recently decided to sell our 2003 310, I have listed it in the classified section of this site as well as boats.com, any other sites worth considering? My goal is to sell it by owner if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
We recently decided to sell our 2003 310
Do you mind sharing why you are selling? Moving to power? To a larger or smaller boat? Was there something the C310 was lacking? I am just curious...if you don't want to share just ignore my request. :)

Dec 5, 2010
Do you mind sharing why you are selling? Moving to power? To a larger or smaller boat? Was there something the C310 was lacking? I am just curious...if you don't want to share just ignore my request. :)
Hi Curt;
We love the 310 and some may remember we actually purchased this boat twice (long story) we like it so much, bottom line is time, we still work full time and we do have a new 30 ft powerboat (Wellcraft 290 Coastal) that seems to get more and more of our family time, I also still race small boats (currently an RS Aero but planning a change to a Flying Scot) so as you can see there just are not enough weekends for all the toys (or time to maintain two big boats).

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I don't think you can list on YachtWorld unless you are a dealer/broker. I could be wrong, but you can try.

Dec 5, 2010
I don't think you can list on YachtWorld unless you are a dealer/broker. I could be wrong, but you can try.
That is correct....brokers only from what I can find. I think Boats.com is the same company.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
just do a search for "sailboats for sale" you'll get plenty of resources. You can try craig's list, ebay, boattrader.com. sailboatlisting.com...……. you can also list with a broker...a "net" listing.. like they do with mobile homes.. gives you the right to sell it your self as long as the buyer was not generated by the broker. You can also check with your marina management for their input.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Every boat we have sold it has been through SBO, Make sure its clean, take lots of pictures, share the owners association, web site information and set a reasonable price.Sorry your are leaving.

May 11, 2014
Catalina 310 Lake Texoma
Listing on Craigslist generates the best "scam examples" if you need a good laugh or two through the process.

When my Catalina 30 was listed one email assured me, "...delivery is not necessary as we'll pick the item up at your home".

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Listing on Craigslist generates the best "scam examples" if you need a good laugh or two through the process..............
Same experience listing my 1987 Hunter 31 for $30,000 on Craigslist...........got these responses: "high low will you go?, so I responded "how high will you go?" and "I will pay you $100 a month and live on in the meantime". Sold it to a friend for list price.

Similar experience listing my 2004 Hunter 386 as price negotiable on SBO..........got this response: "Since I did not see a price, I will pay you $0". Sold it through a local broker, who listed on Yachtworld.

Dec 5, 2010
T
Listing on Craigslist generates the best "scam examples" if you need a good laugh or two through the process.

When my Catalina 30 was listed one email assured me, "...delivery is not necessary as we'll pick the item up at your home".
True. Already playing with some fun text but not sure from which site...