Sell day is NOT one of the happiest..

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Sad day for me. My Precision 23 just rolled out of the driveway behind a not my truck. Headed to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels Md. Age and Admiral dictated a change of course last fall, now we are burning ( lots) of gas and going fast....
20210914_142547.jpg
20210909_103149.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I might be heading that way....don't have a buyer yet and I'm not agressively trying... regardless I am going to keep my hobie for sure. I now live on the water but there is a bridge between me and the big water and day sailing an H26 is a chore. :(

Jul 13, 2010
It is a Carolina Skiff, 21 ft. W/A. 2005, kinda rare,only made for a few years. 200 Yamaha HPDI.

Jan 19, 2010
It is a Carolina Skiff, 21 ft. W/A. 2005, kinda rare,only made for a few years. 200 Yamaha HPDI.
She looks sweet! I like the cuddy with the walk around and enclosure. From the pic it looks like you could easily do a night on the hook. That is a LOT of HP for a 21 ft boat:yikes: .... should be fun....:biggrin::beer:

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Quick, Dave, get to the dink and cast off. Your Carolina Skiff is adrift! Best Wishes for good times on the water. P. C.

Jul 13, 2010
"No Regerts"? :laugh:
An inside joke between p.o. and his friends. My kids saw that, told me you are NOT changing it LOL. Has been fun, trailered to Ocean City, Md. for a weekend, also went up C &D canal, Chesapeake City for lunch. $12.00 for a 7& 7 drink,wont make that mistake again LOL. Gas bill this summer over $400 so far... almost looking forward to winter so i can save money.

Jul 13, 2010
Quick, Dave, get to the dink and cast off. Your Carolina Skiff is adrift! Best Wishes for good times on the water. P. C.
She was anchored, I shot photo from atop my friends 57 Ft. Carver. We went out to the Key Bridge went giant cranes crossed under, his boat was a fine ride on a rainy day!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats Dave. Now I know someone who has a good fishing boat in Baltimore area.

Wheb does crab season begin?

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
So what they say about ..."two of the happiest day of a sailor".... is NOT true.

Ken Y

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I hear you. Tough day. When my wife and I purchased our current boat a few years ago from a young couple the hubby was clearly not happy about selling and did not try to hide it. Made for a very uncomfortable day. I think when the day comes to sell my sailboat and go to power I may just remove the mast and call it a power boat.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I was sad to sell all of my boat except the last one. That one I missed about as much as a bleeding ulcer.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
The second boat I ever owned was a Precision 18. My buddy and I sailed that thing all over the Potomac River out of Quantico from Alexandria down to Dahlgren. With the center board up we could slip into almost any creek and have a quiet night in the cuddy cabin. Well, except for the mosquitos. And the little Nissan 6hp 2-stroke sipped gas (although it wasn't much against a stiff current). You didn't even have to bother to set an anchor, just drop it over the side, because we anchored where no one else could, and if we got blown onto shore overnite we just hopped into the water and pushed off. The P23 you just sold is the biggest boat Precision makes, I believe. Bet you had some fun times in her.

Jul 13, 2010
The second boat I ever owned was a Precision 18. My buddy and I sailed that thing all over the Potomac River out of Quantico from Alexandria down to Dahlgren. With the center board up we could slip into almost any creek and have a quiet night in the cuddy cabin. Well, except for the mosquitos. And the little Nissan 6hp 2-stroke sipped gas (although it wasn't much against a stiff current). You didn't even have to bother to set an anchor, just drop it over the side, because we anchored where no one else could, and if we got blown onto shore overnite we just hopped into the water and pushed off. The P23 you just sold is the biggest boat Precision makes, I believe. Bet you had some fun times in her.
Biggest they made at the end. Stopped building a few years ago. They had a 27 and 28 for a while in the 90's i think. We had 9 seasons of fun and overnights on the Eastern Shore, 1 trip to Dobbins Island on the Magothy.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
We just bought a bigger sailboat. The owner's are retiring in a few.months and now have an RV that they plan on taking all over North America.

They are very sad to have their sailboat days come to an end, so we will have drinks onboard this weekend to pass the torch and mourn the end of 12 years of them owning her.

Personally when I can't sail anymore, hopefully after world crusing, I will likely move to the mountains, away from most humans. Kinda like that story about the sailor walking with a paddle and only stopping when someone asks what it is.

Jan 19, 2010
Personally when I can't sail anymore, hopefully after world crusing, I will likely move to the mountains, away from most humans. Kinda like that story about the sailor walking with a paddle and only stopping when someone asks what it is.
My fantasy ending is that someone will find my empty boat adrift and wonder what happened.;)