Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
There is the Scarborough Diet.
The South Beach Diet
Now we know the West Vancouver Diet.
Block it up til it busts... No TP needed. Get a hose.​

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
...............I have even considered perhaps letting her into the house - but rules are rules!! JUST KIDDING.................
\

Don, that is pretty funny!!

During this self isolation my wife is sewing secondary masks (from a pattern she found on YouTube) to cover M95 masks to extend their service life. She has sewn nearly 100 masts and provided them to a local hospital for the emergency room nurses. I just received 128 ounces of 99% isopropyl alcohol, which is readily available from U.S. chemical suppliers, to produce ~21 8 ounce spray hand sanitizer bottles from 99% isopropyl alcohol diluted with boiled water with a small amount of glycerin and hydrogen peroxide. Now if I can figure out how to produce toilet paper!!

Oct 22, 2014
SO Dennis
Being a Boomer and so far so good not being "squelched" by the virus.

If I do survive and there is a "future vaccine" tell the kids to work real hard, because I will need the Social Security Check..
Boomer Revenge? maybe.

Aug 3, 2014
Seidlemann 30t Cobourg
Ya, BOOMER REVENGE sounds good to me! But I do worry about how THEIR grandchildren will pay for the recent past and the future fallout from this mess ;-(

D

Oct 22, 2014
D.
I think your concern for down stream outcomes is valid. We will have to change. Throughout the centuries humans have adapted. It has not always been pretty but we have endured.

It is a time to consider and exercise our creativity.

May 17, 2004
Other Catalina 30 Tucson, AZ
\

Don, that is pretty funny!!

During this self isolation my wife is sewing secondary masks (from a pattern she found on YouTube) to cover M95 masks to extend their service life. She has sewn nearly 100 masts and provided them to a local hospital for the emergency room nurses. I just received 128 ounces of 99% isopropyl alcohol, which is readily available from U.S. chemical suppliers, to produce ~21 8 ounce spray hand sanitizer bottles from 99% isopropyl alcohol diluted with boiled water with a small amount of glycerin and hydrogen peroxide. Now if I can figure out how to produce toilet paper!!
Sail sfbay: I live in a adult community 25 miles north of Tucson. There are about 4500 homes with occupancy of maybe 1.75 - that's a lot of people. Anyway, a group of sewers are producing masks for nursing homes etc. That's cover one part of the problem. The other part is what about the residents of the community? Up until yesterday my wife and I did not have masks. I wasn't concerned about myself but was worried about my wife. A dentist friend gave me 2 masks. Foxnews ran a story a couple of nights ago about a veteran owned company in GA (ninelinemasks.com) that is producing 1 million masks per 24 hour period day for population use. Tyler Merritt's company is selling masks at 6 cents each and zero profit - a GREAT American. You're limited to one package of 10 masks and the total cost with shipping is $13.26. I suggested to the HOA board that maybe we should place a bulk order and distribute them free to the homeowners. What I liked about Tyler was he came up with a solution in a day, not weeks or months. What I don't like about the HOA boards is they have to look into it, form a committee, have meetings etc - it's pathetic - this stuff isn't a game. It will kill you. One way to reduce to burden on the medical facilities is to not get sick in the first place. Check out the company - I purchased a package Sunday night.

Feb 21, 2013
.............ninelinemasks.com......You're limited to one package of 10 masks and the total cost with shipping is $13.26. ...........One way to reduce to burden on the medical facilities is to not get sick in the first place. Check out the company - I purchased a package Sunday night.
Thanks for tip.....nice mask design!! Nice to get information on where to source protective equipment.

May 17, 2004
Other Catalina 30 Tucson, AZ
Yesterday my wife went to a local supermarket - they only had 1/2 of what we needed. Since it doesn't take 2 people to shop I stayed in the car. The market was in the process of sanitizing carts. Here's how it worked. Two employee's were gathering carts. Neither wore face masks or gloves. Both were sweating and using their hands to wipe their face. At the sanitizing station they had one bucket and a couple of towels. After cleaning a cart they threw the towel in the bucket and started on the next cart. How would you like to be assigned that job?

A more effective solution might be to use a commercial electric steam cleaner - they're expensive but the health of your employee's is above all. Another alternative is hire a professional steam company. The supermarket's present system is half ass at best -- in my opinion.

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Yesterday my wife went to a local supermarket - they only had 1/2 of what we needed. Since it doesn't take 2 people to shop I stayed in the car. The market was in the process of sanitizing carts. Here's how it worked. Two employee's were gathering carts. Neither wore face masks or gloves. Both were sweating and using their hands to wipe their face. At the sanitizing station they had one bucket and a couple of towels. After cleaning a cart they threw the towel in the bucket and started on the next cart. How would you like to be assigned that job?

A more effective solution might be to use a commercial electric steam cleaner - they're expensive but the health of your employee's is above all. Another alternative is hire a professional steam company. The supermarket's present system is half ass at best -- in my opinion.
Thanks for the info on the masks, Don.

One suggestion on the groceries: I note that you have Vons/Safeway in Tucson. You should go to www.vons.com and place your grocery order online. I found the website easy to use. If you have a Vons Club card you can also get the discounts you would get in store. Anyway, you can specify pickup and select from one of the available pickup times. Then, during your time slot, you park in a designated space and call the phone number on the sign at the head of the parking space. A clerk wearing mask and gloves will wheel out your order and place it in your trunk, and off you go! No charge for the service. I personally found this to work well and will continue using it.

We still disinfected the outside packaging when we got home, but at least this reduced all the exposure to other folks that would happen when walking around the store.

Feb 21, 2013
...............We still disinfected the outside packaging when we got home, but at least this reduced all the exposure to other folks that would happen when walking around the store.
At my last grocery store visit I wore a mask and disposable gloves and when I got home my wife sanitized the packages In a "dirty" room before storing the food in the "clean" area of the house. Then she requested I leave my shoes outside, remove my clothes in the "dirty" area and put them into the washer then take a shower. Probably over the top.................but we all trying to figure out what best practices we should adopt going forward.