Self Isolation

May 17, 2004
Other Catalina 30 Tucson, AZ
The following has nothing to do with SAIL TRIM. I've been a bit "under the weather" recently with a situation similar to Phil's but more on that later. Our adult community (about 4500 homes), which is about 30 miles north of Tucson, AZ has been on lock down for a couple of weeks. It's like a ghost town. I thought I'd try to hopefully inject a laugh during this trying time not knowing how it would go over to the senior citizens. The response was great!!.

Anyway, here's what I posted community wide:

We're a ways into self isolation and it's really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered perhaps letting her into the house - but rules are rules!!

JUST KIDDING

If I had my choice of anywhere in the world I'd prefer to be during this worldwide pandemic it would be the USA. Imagine what folks went through with the Spanish Flu with none of the resources we now have. GOD BLESS THE USA and the medical workers/firefighters who are selfleesly protecting us. I just don't know how to thank them.

Note: I had to add "JUST KIDDING" in capitals because some of the folks would take me seriously!!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Wet myself on the first one :laugh:.

Is the second one supposed to be "selflessly" rather than "selfishly" .............................. I dunno :meh:, don't ask me:shhh:, I just got here :confused:.

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
In keeping with the theme of this thread...
I stopped by the grocery store on the way to the boat this past weekend to restock a few basic essentials. After hearing reports of empty shelves at several stores, I was a little concerned. But no worries, I was happy to find the basic essentials aisle was still well stocked.

20200324_172832.jpg

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
Could this national social distancing and isolation also have the side benefit of massively reducing most other "bugs" out in the wild?

If we use places like New Orleans as a model, does it only take about 4 months to redistribute the bugs back to prior levels?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Coronials. That is too funny. :biggrin:

When I shared this with my wife, after the laughter subsided, She shared a factoid. One of the largest condom factories has closed... What? So I snoped online and sure enough...

“1 in 5 condoms throughout the WORLD are made in Malaysia by a single manufacturer. What’s more important than that however is that all three of the factories operated by Karex Bhd have been closed for a week.“​
Good news is this will help with the funding of Social Security. Who knew? Social Security could be saved by Social Distancing.:yikes:

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
Could this national social distancing and isolation also have the side benefit of massively reducing most other "bugs" out in the wild?

If we use places like New Orleans as a model, does it only take about 4 months to redistribute the bugs back to prior levels?
Actually, there are reports here in the SF Bay area that hospitals are kinda empty because all the staying home has reduced all of the other illnesses as well.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I think the only ones procreating during the pandemic are those who aren’t cooped up with their kids all day. :poop:

Greg
After you have some I cant see why you would want more. If everyone waited until they were older to have kids, population would be much less worldwide.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Im thankful that its toilet paper that the shelves are empty of and not coffee..
I'm thankful the shelves aren't empty of cheese.

If you run out of toilet paper, cheese is your friend. Along with white bread and fried food . But only for a limited time :confused:.