Selden Mast Forestay Attachment Recall

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 44 Keyport, NJ
A few months ago Selden sent me a questionnaire for scheduling a repair of the recalled forestay attachment on my 2005 H44. I responded promptly but I haven't heard anything from them since. Has anyone?
Yesterday Lockwood Boatworks did the repair. They got the part from Selden many weeks ago, but the rigger wanted to wait until my boat was launched to do the work. (I got a late launch this year due to my own non-boat related issues.) Lockwood's rigger said the job was straightforward and praised both the quality of Selden masts and their product support. The old attachment looked fine --- there was no evidence of cracking or bad welding.

Apr 4, 2013
Hunter H49 Venturea CA
I turned in my claim registratoin complete with contact information for my rigger. I didn't hear back from Selden but my rigger called me wiithin few weeks advisng he had been supplied with the parts and asked to schedule the work. I'm recalliing this having been well over a year ago.

Dec 15, 2019
Hunter 49 San Diego
Just to update this topic: I was able to complete the forestay replacement through Selden and a local rigger in 2019 on a 2008 Hunter 49 that I purchased used in 2018. It didn't take long and didn't cost me a cent.

Sep 22, 2021
Hunter 41AC 0 Portland, OR
I sent an email to info@seldenus.com asking if my boat is affected by this recall. Someone there replied with a list of affected brands/models which I have excerpted in the attached image. Interestingly, there is at least one post in this thread about a Hunter 44 having the warranty work done but I don't see that boat on the list.

SeldenMastRecall.jpg

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I sent an email to info@seldenus.com asking if my boat is affected by this recall. Someone there replied with a list of affected brands/models which I have excerpted in the attached image. Interestingly, there is at least one post in this thread about a Hunter 44 having the warranty work done but I don't see that boat on the list.

View attachment 205192
My 44DS had the work done. Replacement of the forestay fitting. Mine was done long ago though. I would guess 2014.