Seidelmann specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw

Aug 15, 2006
- - Oakville
Recently purchased a 1984 Seidelmann 30. Need to know if there is any difference between the 29-30 ft versions of this boat. The specs for IPJE seem identical.My new baby has a keel stepped mast, yanmar diesel, It's name is Kudzu and was sailed on the Chesapeak. Anyone know it? Also, does anyone know the PHRF rating. Does not have spinnaker gear but hope to add soon. Was about to sail from Solomons Island up the Chessie and Hudson and then to Lake Ontario via Erie Canal. But as of this writing, the canal is still closed so will truck to Wilson, NY.

Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
St Lawrence Sea Way

You could sail thru the St Lawrence Sea Way to get to lake ontario http://www.greatlakes-seaway.com/en/home.html

S

Skipper Fred

S299 vs S30T

Both boats came out of the same mold. The S30T was designed more for the cruiser. Think you will find the real displacement is heavier on the S30T which is apparent when you look at the differences in the interiors. My '83 was closer to 9500 according to the lift at our boatyard. I think the early S30T's had the mast stepped on the cabinhouse but that changed to keel step by '82. I'm traveling so don't have the rating but She will sail well with a good suit of sails and a knowing hand. Enjoy and smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.