Seidelman 25 rudder replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Conor Hartnett

I recently replaced my rudder when it fell off after 26 years, with an altered catalina 30 rudder ( recommended by boat yard owner ). We race the boat and are convinced that this is slowing us down. It is thicker and heavier. We would love to track down an actual Seidelman 25 rudder, and would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
Try IdaSailor

Try IdaSailor.com. They can fabricate, or have fabricted a rudder that meets factory specs for your boat. Great company, great folks to do business with. (No financial connection to them, I just like the product)

M

Mike Spitman

Mike at this email just cut up 25 seidelmann

shorewoodyachtclub@msn.com JUst bought an out board motor mount from him. Very reasonable. Good Luck.SAS.

Mar 12, 2006
- - Brooklyn, NY, USA
If you need to measure, mine is near you.

If you end up making a new one, you are welcome to come use ours as a measuring guide. Its on the hard right now in College Point (Queens), near LaGuardia airport. Bill Daria S 25 New York City

V

Valhalla

S25 Rudder

Hey Bill, I actually have the same problem as Conor. I have an '81 S25. Last summer she snapped her rudder and being on a college budget I was forced to modify a soling rudder. I plan on rebuilding a correct rudder this spring and was hoping to get the measurements. If there is any way I could take a look at your boat it would be much appreciated. I am in Massachusetts but would be happy to drive down to get a proper fix on my boat. It would be great if you could shoot me an email. Burton_jess@Bentley.edu Thanks Jesse

Mar 12, 2006
- - Brooklyn, NY, USA
I'd be happy to

I'd be happy to show it to you. The boat is on the hard right now, and we just pulled the rudder to work on the bushing. The rudder is here at home right now, so it'll be really easy to measure it right now, for the next week or so. I send you my phone number. Give me a call or email, and let me know what your schedule is. Bill Daria College Point, NY

M

miken

Have s 25 and lost rudder need help please respond

Rudder dropped off and need a replacement any ideas ? please . menevins@optonline.net

M

miken

need a S25 rudder any info size ,shop , source ?

Please E-mail me . menevins@optonline.net

Sep 17, 2007
- - boise
Rudder shop info

Hello, I just was reading some posts and saw your post for rudder info. I am the sales manager for IsaSailor Marine Inc. We manufacture rudders for many boats including yours. If you would like to get more info you can call me at toll free 866-400-2204 Thanks Jay Gerhard

Status
Not open for further replies.