Seeking recommended short trip plan Chesapeake from Deale to Norfolk

Mar 1, 2016
Oday 28 Tracy's Landing
I'll sailing to New Bern and have many ideas on what to go on the ICW via dismal swamp and south beyond there. I'll leaving Herrington Harbor North and stop at Solomons island then stop at Tangier Island there where to go on the way to Norfolk where the ICW ditch starts? I have a cruising guide and will look there for advice but thought I'd ask this community as well. We are leaving end of April or 1st week in May 2019

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
There is not much at tangier so do t plan on any resupply

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
The whole point in going to Tangier is that there isn't too much there. Very laid back, with a small but quite serviceable general store. But nope, not the Super Giant. We stayed there for weeks on our PDQ.

Another reasonable stop is Cape Charles. But there are many choices.

Feb 28, 2013
Pacific Seacraft 40 Belfast
There are plenty of nice creeks up Mobjack Bay. In Norfolk we like to spend a night in either the Lafayette River or Deep Creek before the locks.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
There are plenty of nice creeks up Mobjack Bay. In Norfolk we like to spend a night in either the Lafayette River or Deep Creek before the locks.
lol Spent three days anchored just above the locks at Deep Creek, when locks were damaged after a hurricane.. Dismal Swamp locks were closed also