seeking crew

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Woman crew member (sorry guys, but I'm not sending my wife to sea with a strange man) wanted for the above sail on a 53' Pearson. American citizens only, please.
Destination is Newport. Must be able to leave wherever you are to meet my wife at MIA on May 26. All expenses paid including quarantine, testing in Grenada, travel to the vessel, but after arrival in US, transport is up to individual. PCR preadmission test must be done as necessary (we'll let you know) which we will reimburse you for, and also Grenada travel authorization form must be filled out online (again we'll help if necessary).
Crew MUST be completely vaccinated (two weeks post second vaccination), not get seasick and able to, at the very least, help with the cooking. Experience less important than attitude. Crew may be required to stand 3 hour watches alone, in the cockpit.
Vessel has been sitting in Carriacou about two months, and other than a few relatively minor things like hanking on sails and reassembling a couple of winches disassembled for maintenance (we had to leave in a hurry), we hope to be underway near June first. It's a boat so we'll see, lol. There will be an Iridium Go aboard for communication, weather and I'll be doing the weather routing as well, so that should keep my wife and the crew safe. Also aboard will be two very experienced male crew members that are good friends of ours. Skipping Stone can easily make the trip with three, but a fourth would be better.
Take note; this is a delivery, not a pleasure cruise and the vessel will maintain a minimum speed of six knots or more, whether under sail, power or both.
Please do not respond if anything above makes you uncomfortable or you are not sure if this fits your schedule. Questions are welcome, but time is short to make flight arrangements, so there isn't a week or so to think about it. Web site below will show you the boat.
Thanks in advance.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ah gee Capta... When I saw the thread, in my minds eye flashed the legs of a women sailor working on the diesel engine.

With the current trends in social pronouns it seems that I could choose one that might qualify me on my application for the crew position...

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
@capta I have a female friend that I just sent your request to. I believe she is in Miami at the moment. She could probably single hand your boat up - she is a phenomenal sailor! I'll let you know if she has time/interest.

dj

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
@capta Oh drat, I just realized you said you want American. She's British. Let me know how tight you are on that requirement.

If you could get her, she would be about as good a crew as you can get. She just saved the butts of two guys sailing out of Cape Horn to Uruguay and if she hadn't been there I don't know if they would have made it...

dj

Last edited:

capta

Jun 4, 2009
@capta Oh drat, I just realized you said you want American. She's British. Let me know how tight you are on that requirement.

If you could get her, she would be about as good a crew as you can get. She just saved the butts of two guys sailing out of Cape Horn to Uruguay and if she hadn't been there I don't know if they would have made it...

dj
I want US citizens ONLY because it makes entry into the US so much simpler. Thanks for thinking of your friend for us, though. :)

capta

Jun 4, 2009
my minds eye flashed the legs of a women sailor working on the diesel engine.

With the current trends in social pronouns it seems that I could choose one that might qualify me on my application for the crew position...
Funny! But you'd still be strange like me, right?
By chance, were these the legs you had in your mind's eye? No paper captain this gal!
nik engine room.jpg

• Wow

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
I want US citizens ONLY because it makes entry into the US so much simpler. Thanks for thinking of your friend for us, though. :)
She's already in the US so that's been done. But if that's a hard requirement on your part, I'll let her know it's a no-go. I don't care one way or another... It's your boat...

dj

capta

Jun 4, 2009
She's already in the US so that's been done. But if that's a hard requirement on your part, I'll let her know it's a no-go. I don't care one way or another... It's your boat...

dj
With all US crew we can clear in w/a phone call. Any foreign crew would require some sort of personal contact to verify visa, etc. Sorry.