Seawater strainer o-ring

Dec 8, 2020
Hunter 33 Gloucester Point, VA
I’m have a really hard time locating a seawater strainer o-ring on my Hunter 33. I saw the old thread - “Donations to Neptune” which is exactly what happened to me. I even contacted the OEM - Sherwood who gave me a part number - 11803 however when they arrived, they are easily 1-inch diameter too big. The strainer itself has no part number on it!?? The o-ring appears to be 2-1/4” diameter which according to Sherwood, work for both the 3/4” and 1/2” intakes. Has anyone encounter this and can point me in the right direction?

63C414A9-AF98-4964-B2C8-DFAC341A8F7D.jpegB461174C-2458-46C7-BFB8-980A07F4A6B1.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
measure the diameter and if you have calipers, the thickness and then order what you need here

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
Be careful with that O Ring. On my Sherwood Strainer the “O” Ring is a flat ring, top and bottom and sides, not round like your picturing it. Do you remember which style you had before it went overboard? Round may not seal the bowl properly.

Dec 8, 2020
Be careful with that O Ring. On my Sherwood Strainer the “O” Ring is a flat ring, top and bottom and sides, not round like your picturing it. Do you remember which style you had before it went overboard? Round may not seal the bowl properly.
Yeah it was the one above that went overboard. It was indeed round and seemed to seal fine.

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
I might be totally wrong about this but I think this is what you need. If you go to the website you can expand the picture and see the flat type ring they use on the size you are describing. Worth checking out.
Sherwood 11805 O-Ring Gasket
Product Details Page:
Sherwood_11805
Item #DescriptionPrice
Qty Order​
Ships​
SH 11805Sherwood- O-Ring Gasket, Square-Cut, For 1/2" and 3/4" Hypro, Sherwood and Shurflo Water Strainers, Buna
Estimated Shipping Weight: 0.15 Lbs Each.
$9.88

Dec 8, 2020
Here is an illustrated guide to standard o-rings. Find the number of the o-ring that you need and go to a decent hardware store or industrial supply and ask for that number.
Wow…what a great guide. I think this will help!

Dec 8, 2020
I might be totally wrong about this but I think this is what you need. If you go to the website you can expand the picture and see the flat type ring they use on the size you are describing. Worth checking out.
Sherwood 11805 O-Ring Gasket
Product Details Page:
Sherwood_11805
Item #DescriptionPrice
Qty Order​
Ships​
SH 11805Sherwood- O-Ring Gasket, Square-Cut, For 1/2" and 3/4" Hypro, Sherwood and Shurflo Water Strainers, Buna
Estimated Shipping Weight: 0.15 Lbs Each.
$9.88
Thank you. I will check that our as I see you can cross-reference strainer dimensions to try and figure out the model too.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
can point me in the right direction?
Take it with you to ACE Hardware. Most of their stores have a good selection of O rings. I know Sherwood's are square, but I put a round one in in 1999 and it's still working just fine.

Sep 22, 2021
Hunter 41AC 0 Portland, OR
A lot of equipment manfactured recently has metric dimensions so it is entirely possible (even likely) that the O-ring is metric dimensioned. Unlike Imperial dimensioned O-rings (which go by the O.D. and cross section diameter), metric O-rings go by the I.D. and cross section diameter (in millimeters, of course).