Seaward Versus Hake

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
I noticed that sailboatdata.com has listings for both "Seaward 26RK" and "Hake 26RK" and the specs aren't quite the same, though they're close. For example, the displacement and year of first build are different. I see references to both elsewhere, too. Are these just two names for the same boat, or is there actually a difference?

Jul 30, 2019
Seaward 25 777 Fort St. James
I get the impression that more than one author might produce the SailboatData descriptions. In the case of the two 26RK pages, the only root difference between the two that I could spot was the 300lbs greater displacement of the Seaward, which then fed into all the other data differences. The "Seaward" version specifies an outboard, the Hake does not say, but mentions optional inboard. Looks to be the same boat, except for 300 lbs.

Did you read this?:

In this it mentions, as written in March 2005, that Nick Hake "now markets Seaward models under the Hake Yachts brand."

Last edited:

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
Thanks, guys. @Noodat Lady , I think you're right, the 300 lbs is probably the difference between the inboard diesel and the outboard. I hadn't thought of that.

Tedd

PS: Yes, I have read that Practical Sailor article. It's hard to find information on the web about Seawards but that article is the best I've seen.

Last edited: